What's new

Ram Installing Help!

Kakarot

I'm trying to upgrade right now from 128 MB to 256 MB but the damn stick won't go in the slot! I did this on another pc of mine with no problem.(The pc I'm trying to do this on right now is the one in my signature.) The reason it won't go in is because it's too tall (not too long). The snaps just don't stay on tight enough every time I get one right the other one loosens. It is the right kind of ram but interestingly this stick is bigger than my other 128 MB stick and only has the chips on one side instead of both like the other stick. Anyone have any ideas? thanks.

Redah

Go Sweden! Not!
Administrator
No worries there. Put in one side, then press on the stick on the other side so it will fit in. The size you're describing is pretty normal.

Anyhoo, even tho people say you can put in RAM very easily, you need to use a bit (remember: a bit) of force every now and then.

Just press on it, it will fit. Just don't bend your mainboard.

Eagle

aka Alshain
We are talking about a 72 pin dimm right, otherwise forget everything these guys just told you. Oh and if it is a dimm, make sure your not putting it in backward. The grooves won't align and it won't allow you to put it in that way.

linker

Emutalk Member
Are you sure the RAM you are trying to put is the right type (i.e. it is not DDR when your mb only supports SDR or backwards?)

OP
Kakarot

Kakarot

Thanks for your responses guys!!! But the problem was fairly simple. I just had to blow the dust out from the slot. LOL then the thing fit fine. It was stuck near the snaps that's why i never noticed it. Thanks for your responses again anyways.