What's new

Ripple effect?

A.I.

Banned
I'm getting this kind of ripple effect when I play games like Banjokazooie and Donkey Kong 64.

The ripple travels from the bottom to the top of the screen. It's very annoying.

I am using Jabo's default plugins but it seems to be worse using Rice's.

Unfortunately a screenshot does not capture this effect.

What is the problem?

Clements

Is it screen tearing you are experiencing? If it is, then change the Full Screen Sync option to 'Triple Buffer Vsync' in Jabo's settings.

OP
A.I.

A.I.

Banned
Is it screen tearing you are experiencing? If it is, then change the Full Screen Sync option to 'Triple Buffer Vsync' in Jabo's settings.

I'm still getting it, Clements. :(

Edit:This is pissing me off! I buy a new video card and it's looking worse than my old 4MX! Someone help me please!

Last edited:

squall_leonhart

The Great Gunblade Wielder

:p Vsync fixes horizontal ---- not vertical | tearing

this is a different issue, which i can't reproduce at all

I'm still getting it, Clements. :(

Edit:This is pissing me off! I buy a new video card and it's looking worse than my old 4MX! Someone help me please!

please don't swear A.I, i know this is troubling,

what video card did you get? :(

OP
A.I.

A.I.

Banned
XFX GeForce 7600GS 256Mb 400Mhz AGP

I know. I got the box.

Edit:I think im cursed :(

Last edited:

metalkobra

Happy Cat
XFX GeForce 7600GS 256Mb 400Mhz AGP

I know. I got the box.

thats not a bad card...do you have forceware 91.47? its the most recent driver package which you can get from guru3d.com or nvidia.com.

Also, try overclocking your card some, get some more oomph out of it. use coolbits 2.0. and if you need help, ask me.

if you dont have the drivers i listed, download driver cleaner pro from guru3d.com under the tools section most likely, and reboot into safe mode (press F8 at boot) run driver cleaner pro, only click the nvidia option, it says nvidia by itself, then click add and show detals, click ok and the drivers will be uninstalled safer than normal uninstallation.

Next install the 91.47s and see if it makes a difference.

OP
A.I.

A.I.

Banned
thats not a bad card...do you have forceware 91.47? its the most recent driver package which you can get from guru3d.com or nvidia.com.

Also, try overclocking your card some, get some more oomph out of it. use coolbits 2.0. and if you need help, ask me.

if you dont have the drivers i listed, download driver cleaner pro from guru3d.com under the tools section most likely, and reboot into safe mode (press F8 at boot) run driver cleaner pro, only click the nvidia option, it says nvidia by itself, then click add and show detals, click ok and the drivers will be uninstalled safer than normal uninstallation.

Next install the 91.47s and see if it makes a difference.

I already got Forceware 91.48

I only have default settings on the Nvidia Contol Panel. Is there something I'm meant to enable?

Last edited:

metalkobra

Happy Cat
No if youre on default settings thats cool, mostly everything will be application controlled if youre on default settings, i was suggesting that you overclock your video card to get more out of it considering youre on AGP architechture and not PCI-E.

With coolbits 2.0 its just a registry entry that unlocks the overclocking options in the Geforce cards, which allows your card to run over spec.

OP
A.I.

A.I.

Banned
No if youre on default settings thats cool, mostly everything will be application controlled if youre on default settings, i was suggesting that you overclock your video card to get more out of it considering youre on AGP architechture and not PCI-E.

With coolbits 2.0 its just a registry entry that unlocks the overclocking options in the Geforce cards, which allows your card to run over spec.

I really dont want to over clock my video card. Maybe a lower resolution might help?

squall_leonhart

I really dont want to over clock my video card. Maybe a lower resolution might help?

Metal, your a bit behind mate :p

A.I, the latest forceware is 96.89 (and it does fix a few issues for me)

try grabbing that, you can get it from the guru3d dl section.

secondly, what plugin ya using?

try the jabo 1.6 plugin, then in the nvidia cp (or even better, use nhancer) and create a profile for project64, with AA set to 12x, and set af to 16x in the global profile (you'll thank me for the quality difference i assure you)

the 7600GS is powerful enough to run in 1280x1024 at these settings (i find 12xsAA faster then 8x on my FX... which is very very.... strange.

anyhow after doing this

if your still using nhancer

in the global profile set

Negative Lod clamp to clamp
set Mip Filtering to Trilinear
tick the triple buffer box

hmm.. also you will be able to use transparency aa on that card :p

add me to msn so i can send you the latest beta of Nhancer 2.0 (you'll need .net framework 2.0 though, but its not as bad as people think.

[email protected]

metalkobra

Happy Cat
Well, i just got what was at the nvidia site, that must be a beta you have im guessing, cause thats only one i saw >_> oh well. lol.

squall_leonhart

well, with 96.89, tearing no longer occurs when vysnc is off.

theres no longer an nvvitis error in the new cp.

profiles work properly (you still can't add them though..)

but they properly apply now.

squall_leonhart

maybe you don't know what your looking for, the 91 series is fatally flawed.

so many problems with it regarding profile management and stability.