What's new

Perfect Dark Issue Help Please

andrew655

Hey im running perfect dark on project 64 (1.6)

When I change weapons sometimes (usually to the DMC) using the list in the menu, the program freezes but the background music continues normally..

It only freezes pj64 so idk whats going on.

Any suggestions? (its probably not my computer hardware)

Thanks

Also, getting all these autodetect errors which say microid... and a number/code

any way to fix?

Which emulator plays perfect dark the best so i wont have as many problems.

Last edited by a moderator:

mudlord

Banned
Okay,
first off: what ROM version are using using?

Secondly, whats your computer's system specifications
Thirdly, try using 1964. The speed should be better, than if you are using PJ64.
Next, that weapon pausing when you change weapons is a emulator core issue. I don't know whether its completely fixed in the current PJ64 1.7 beta or not.
Furthermore, what emulator plugins are you using? Keep in mind that perfect emulation is near impossible to do at this point in time.

OP
A

andrew655

2 gig ram, 2 ghz pentium m plenty of space on hd

rom is Perfect Dark (U) (V1.1)

The plugins i am using are all Jabos (d3d, sound, directinput)

Thanks for the help.

Just tried 1964... giving me weird video quality and i dont know how to fix that

Last edited by a moderator:

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
Glide 64 and hactarux's wrapper probably won't run too well with that kind of a graphics card, but then again, I can't say for sure.

metalkobra

Happy Cat
Glide 64 and hactarux's wrapper probably won't run too well with that kind of a graphics card, but then again, I can't say for sure.

Yeah I was thinking that too, but i figure it would be worth a try ya know? 64mb of vram isnt too great...but thats most likely outta his control :p.

OP
A

andrew655

besides my hardware insufficiency, what is the ideal emulator, plugins, best rom to run perfect dark.

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
1964 or Project64, Glide64 + hactarux's wrapper. Best ROM? As long as you have a good NTSC dump of the ROM, I don't see why you should fret over different versions. Differences between version are usually very marginal and won't make a difference gameplay-wise.