What's new

pokemon stadium 2 issues

Clockwork JB

I'm running pj64 1.6 with the updated rdb. I'm using Jabo's D3D 1.6 with D3D pipline on. The first time I loaded Pokemon Stadium 2, it worked fine up and till the point were I created a rental team and attempted to enter a game, whereupon the emulator crashed. I then attempted to reload the game and it crashed as soon as the intro movie finished. Deleting the save file seemed to help, but then it just crashes again at the original crash point. I've tried tinkering with pretty much all the graphics settings, but nothing seems to work. Any ideas?

squall_leonhart

The Great Gunblade Wielder
check your rom with goodn64, also why do you have D3D Pipeline on?

its the D3D Clear mode that should be set to per frame, to remove the white frames

Last edited:
OP
C

Clockwork JB

I checked my rom with goodN64 it checked out fine, its not a bad dump or an overdump. I checked out pokemon stadium 1, which is apparantly very similar graphics-wise and that worked at full speed with no graphical defects. What could be wrong?

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
Just because the game is very imilar graphics-wise doesn't mean tht the games use the the very same engine. That being said, even the smallest differences can make a game behave differently. Still, I don't think that Pokémon Stadium should just crash unexpectedly.

OP
C

Clockwork JB

What I don't understand is why it only crashes when there are save files present. If I manually delete all the pkmn stadium 2 save files, it works fine until I try to enter a battle.