What's new

PJ64 Sound issues...

sw0rdz

I am playing Harvest Moon 64 on my latest vesrion of Pj64.
It has this horrible crackling sound and choppy background music.
I would like to know what I could do to fix it or if there is an emulator that I could use that wouldn't have such problems.

Iconoclast

The hardware specifications would help, as axcc123 already said, but I'll take a guess and say that your hardware isn't doing this.

Configure your audio plugin in Project64 via the "Options/Configure Audio Plugin..." setting. Check the "Sync Game to Audio" option, and click OK. But for games like TWINE and Top Gear Overdrive, you do not want this option on. Disable this option if you are having any game compatibility issues, as this option can sometimes cause games to be extremely slow or even unplayable. It depends on the game.

Or it could be your hardware specifications. Your system's sound hardware could be bad, but it may also be, more likely, your emulation speed and poor graphics hardware, causing the emulation to be slow, including the sound playback.

OP
S

sw0rdz

The hardware specifications would help, as axcc123 already said, but I'll take a guess and say that your hardware isn't doing this.

Configure your audio plugin in Project64 via the "Options/Configure Audio Plugin..." setting. Check the "Sync Game to Audio" option, and click OK. But for games like TWINE and Top Gear Overdrive, you do not want this option on. Disable this option if you are having any game compatibility issues, as this option can sometimes cause games to be extremely slow or even unplayable. It depends on the game.

Or it could be your hardware specifications. Your system's sound hardware could be bad, but it may also be, more likely, your emulation speed and poor graphics hardware, causing the emulation to be slow, including the sound playback.

It worked before.. I plaid it before with the same game adn same emulator and had no problems. I get bored again and I play it again.
When I first play it, it runs smoothly and then as I play it to a certain point the game get slow. This might be my hardware as I installed McAfee a few weeks ago.

I am trying to figure out how to get my computer to run a little more smoother.