What's new

MPK file confusion.

ChrisA

I'm using Project 64 1.6, and I have the mpk file, from their site, GOEMONS GREAT ADV.mpk, but I don't know how to use it.

The instructions say to edit Jabo's input plugin for Memory Pak, but I don't see that option. Help, please.

Coredo

Nolife
How 'bout ye just put the file in yer save folder, run the game and load the save from the game, huh?

OP
C

ChrisA

Huh? No.

I can't do that.

When I go to "Load" it only accepts .pj or .zip files.

The only thing I have is a .MPK, and I have no idea how to use it. The site's directions didn't make sense to me. Does anyone know how to make these files work?

OP
C

ChrisA

Okaaaay... And how do I do that? I see "Jabo's DirectInput7 1.5" under Settings, but no option to change to Memory Pak. What am I doing wrong?

Clements

Forget the Load menu in PJ64 - it is not relevant to MPK (Controller Pak) files, only save states which are completely different.

Download PJ64 1.6 with latest RDB updates. Put the file in your saves folder. Make sure Memory Pak is selected in Jabo's Input plugin, and that the controller is plugged. The file will be loaded automatically. Within the game itself, hit A on the title screen to get to the File Selection Screen.

squall_leonhart

The Great Gunblade Wielder
not in that section

its on the same menu that the option to acces that dialogue box is on

its either configure controller, or configure input.

beaten to it by clements :p

OP
C

ChrisA

No... No... The problem is that I don't know how to select Memory Pak in the plugin. I have no idea where to go. I'm sure if I could get some help on that, I'd figure the rest out.

Clements

Download PJ64 1.6 and the Input plugin that comes with it has the option. v1.5 is old and lacks the option.