What's new

Graphical Errors in Majora's Mask

keyburrito

When I use Jabo DirectX Version 1.6, problems pop up due to my outdated graphic card (specifically an nVidia TNT2), which means I need to use version 1.5.2. But, several other problems appear when I do this.

-> Most HUD and Start menu text will be replaced with a rectangular white square, leaving no trace of the actual letters
-> The fairy dust Tatl leaves behind is blocky.
-> Links left hand will be white instead of the normal color when he uses his sword. Also, when I use the ocerena, both hands and anything else touching the ocerena will also be white.
-> The spin attack will leave behind an opaque white image instead of the normal blue or orange stuff. Granted, this looks cool, but I still want it patched up.

If anyone can help me solve these problems, I'd really appreciate it.

squall_leonhart

The Great Gunblade Wielder
TNT2 is below Dx6 spec.. its more along the lines of Dx5 really.... no TnL support.. (which the Dx6 plugin needs i believe)

you will need to play around with the plugin options.

OP
K

keyburrito

Been there, done that, but the things they suggest on the Help menu don't seem to have any effect, perticulaly the HUD clearup. I'm also afraid I might have to do another reinstall if I screw around too much, like I did last time. Point being, I don't know what may be the cause of these problems, and most advanced options have no visual effect on the game.

OP
K

keyburrito

Um...I'm not entierly sure what a video driver is. Or how I check which one I have.
I'm still kinda new to this...