What's new

Ocarina of Time Issues

squall_leonhart

The Great Gunblade Wielder
i've seen something similar happen with Neon Genesis.

go into the graphic options, and (you'll need to untick hide advanced settings)

on the last tab, is a D3D clear mode setting, set that to per frame.

oh... your using rice video... meh... no wonder you have problems.

OP
M

Maj2004

I'm using rice because I wanted to use high res textures.

Also, I can't for the life of me find where is says D3D clear mode setting.

EDIT: I found it, but it was only when I used JABO 1.6

Everything works perfect in JABO 1.6, but is there any way to have high res textures without rice?

Last edited:

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
Everything works perfect in JABO 1.6, but is there any way to have high res textures without rice?
Jabo's next Direct3D plugin will probably have high resolution texture support, but alas, it isn't public and you can only get access to it if you donate.

squall_leonhart

yeah.. BUT i never got this problem with Rice video myself...

are you setting up the plugin correctly?

it does have frame buffer clear mode settings.. its just not called that

Agozer

I think that you can fix the status screen by setting the framebuffer access to Basic and then to Write Back & Reload.

Last edited:

Agozer

You need to enable at least some form of N64 Frame buffer Emulation since that part of the status screen uses a framebuffer effect to show Link's picture. Other than that everything else seems fine.

squall_leonhart

im not sure about that Agozer, i've used Rice Video before, and never got those issues... although.. i might have messed with soemthing lol.

its hard to remember.

Agozer

im not sure about that Agozer, i've used Rice Video before, and never got those issues... although.. i might have messed with soemthing lol.

its hard to remember.
Yeah, it hasn't always been a surefire way for me either. Sometimes it worked, sometimes it didn't. Eh, Rice's plugin is just dodgy on my system.