What's new

Project 64 HELP

Dog_demons

i just had my computer wiped and upgraded, but after I re-installed Project 64, I encountered a problem with it that I never had with it before. I open it and try to play one of the games, however, a different error occurs than before. Before, an error message saying "Access violation" would pop up. However now... the program just ends on me because it encounered an error!!! Why is that?!?! Does it have to do with the wipe and upgrade I did. How do I fix it. Also, I am using Jabo 3D 8 1.6
How do I get it to "Access violation" rather than the program just ending? It only does it with certain games. Others don't even have a single error message. (INCREDIBLE)

Last edited:

squall_leonhart

The Great Gunblade Wielder
Dog_demons said:
i just had my computer wiped and upgraded, but after I re-installed Project 64, I encountered a problem with it that I never had with it before. I open it and try to play one of the games, however, a different error occurs than before. Before, an error message saying "Access violation" would pop up. However now... the program just ends on me because it encounered an error!!! Why is that?!?! Does it have to do with the wipe and upgrade I did. How do I fix it. Also, I am using Jabo 3D 8 1.6
How do I get it to "Access violation" rather than the program just ending? It only does it with certain games. Others don't even have a single error message. (INCREDIBLE)

the people who tend to get problems are Newbs.

those that don't are more likely to be educated in proper Operating system and hardware maintenance.

OP
D

Dog_demons

The problem occurs only when I try to play a few certain games on my emulator. After I load it, the infamous "Project 64 has encountered an error and needs to shut down" message comes on. What should I do?

Toasty

Sony battery
squall_leonhart said:
the people who tend to get problems are Newbs.

those that don't are more likely to be educated in proper Operating system and hardware maintenance.
Okay?
Dog_demons said:
The problem occurs only when I try to play a few certain games on my emulator. After I load it, the infamous "Project 64 has encountered an error and needs to shut down" message comes on. What should I do?
In which games does this happen? What are your system specs?

OP
D

Dog_demons

It happens with a few of the games I've got and it very annoying. It does it with Castlevania, Castlevania Legacy of Darkness, and a few other games. What I want to know is why the game keeps ending on me. I want to configure it to how it was so that when I installed it, it would at least say "access violation". The program ending on me is unacceptable.

OP
D

Dog_demons

My specs are as follows:
CPU: Dell Inspiron 6000
Graphics card: Mobile Intel(R) 915GM/GMS,910GML Express Chipset Family

I had been told before that an integrated Dell Graphics Card isn't really the best for this system and I understand that. But, the program just crashes on me now. What do i do so that it will at least give me an access violation Warning?

Last edited:

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
Use Jabo's Direct3D6 plugin and read the contents of that link I posted, for reference if nothing else.

Namely, you integrated graphics chip counts as below-spec hardware.

Last edited:
OP
D

Dog_demons

But I Want To Know Why It Is Crashing. Usually, It Just Popped Up As Access Violation, But Why The Crashes. Crashes Is What I Want To Know.

OP
D

Dog_demons

But Usually, Before Hand, It Would Just Say "access Violation" And I Would Click Ok. Now It Crashes. What Has Changed? Also, The Program Keeps Crashing On Me When I Enter A Certain Area. What Is Wrong!!!!!!!

Last edited:

Agozer

First, please look at my suggestion in post #10 on the first page and tell me if that helps.

OP
D

Dog_demons

I already tried most of it. But I keep getting the program crashes instead of the Access violations". I really don't like were this is going.....

Agozer

If all else fails, the last way to fix it is for you to go and get and actual video card and disable the integrated graphics chip completely.

Smiff

Emutalk Member
try different video plugins
or a different video card
not really sure why it's crashing, but we don't test much on below min spec stuff.

Goemon

I have that exact same video card and Project 64 with the latest Jabo video plugin works just fine for me. Well except for one problem: If I don't go to fullscreen immediately after opening a ROM, I get access violations. But I've set it to automatically go to fullscreen when I start a game so that's no problem. (I can play in windowed mode just fine as long as I go fullscreen first)