What's new

Does Zelda: oot REALLY work in project64

top bloke

I attempted to play Zelda OOT in UltraHLE once...

I could not do the block puzzle in the Forest Temple as adult link no matter how i tried, i must have done it 50 times.
I know this is a known problem with Ultra

I want to try to play this game again, but I dont want to get stuck on the puzzle again...

So can someone tell me if the Block Puzzle can be solved in Project64????

P.S.
Also does fishing, and the lens of truth work in this emu?

RadeonUser

There are no major issues in Project64 when playing Zelda OoT. You might want to have version 1.0 of the rom (other versions will run, but, might have problems) There are a few graphical "glitches" left, but... The game is 100% playable and passable. I myself have passed it on several occasions. If you do run into a problem, feel free to post here, we'll help you out :) (please note that I mean a problem with Project64 emulating the game)

OP
T

top bloke

ok thanks, i got the US ver 1.0 [!] rom

i booted up the game and i got another problem - link's clothes are white.

so i looked into this matter, and it appears it's because of my video card.

i have a voodoo 3. is there any way to fix this without getting a new card?

my other specs are athlon 1ghz, 256sdram, sblive, win98,

RadeonUser

Well, you might want to try [Options / Configure Graphics Plugin / Emulation] and tick Change blending mode if invalid for video card. That might or might not work. I've heard of people who get OK graphics in Zelda OoT, so, if that doesn't work, just wait a while till someone with a Voodoo 3 posts.

OP
T

top bloke

wow the replies on this board are lightning fast. its like instant messaging. i just want to say thanks for the help.

anyway, i had change blending mode on already for a different game, i tried turning it on and off (if i turn it off everything including link gets screwed up)

are there any other D3D plugins for PJ64 that would fix this
i have Jabo's DX 6 1.3, DX 6 1.4, and DX 7 1.4, and all of them have this problem. (and DX 6 1.3 runs REALLY slow)

thanks for the help

RadeonUser

I really don't know what would help, I do remember a while back something about disabling something related to AGP. It seemed to boost quality slightly in the game.

Replies are lightning fast because some of us are awake :D

OP
T

top bloke

i remember it too
its a prog called direct control, and i have it
i enabled and disabled Advanced AGP, but is seems to have no effect in this game.
maybe i'm doing something wrong...
it was a post on EmuTalk somwhere about how to do it, but it was a while ago and i dont remember the details

OP
T

top bloke

ok, i was changing direct3D settings before
so now i went to directDRAW and disabled the Advanced AGP support...

however it did not fix the game...

again, thanks for the help
i gotta go to sleep, i'll check back tomorrow

OP
T

top bloke

this got me thinking: i wonder how many of my emu problems are simply caused by my cheap ass video card

example: there is no background in Smash brothers in PJ64 AND NEMU
is this because of my card again?

i'll stop bothering you with my crap, and i'll go out and buy a new card

i'm looking at ATI RADEON 7500 64MB AGP, VisionTek Xtasy GeForce4 MX 440 64MB DDR AGP, or VisionTek Xtasy GeForce3 Titanium 200 AGP. all roughly the same price (except for the last one)

sorry if this is off topic, but which one would you recommend for the best Project64 performance????

RadeonUser

Either of them work fine with Project64. There is no peformance gain from buying any of them. The only thing that really affects performance in Project64 (and most emulators for that matter) is the CPU Speed. The video card simply displays the graphics at it's best ability, some cards, however, are not capable of using the features that are needed to correctly display the graphics. All of the ones you're deciding between display excellent graphics in Project64, if you're a hardcore PC gamer as well, i'd take that into account.

OP
T

top bloke

ok, cool

thanks for all the help, you rule, and this forum rules.

i'll go with the GeForce3 Titanium 200 AGP....I think.
hell, it was time to upgrade my card anyway.

Tri-Force

Philosopher Warrior
zelda does work in ultra/supra and the block puzzle is beatable. i know i've beat the game many times on ultra. the only thing is that the LOT doesn't work and in the end you have to turn the cheat on to get . . . well you'll see best bet is to go with ultra for your graphics card. to solve that puzzle you have to put the pieces together in the right order and right under the picture.

Eagle

aka Alshain
Since Jabo fixed everything related to the lens of truth, there is no reason why you should have to suffer with blindly trying to find invisible stuff and false walls. It makes it alot easier. PJ64 rules. It can do almost everything that UltraHLE couldn't. UHLE was great for its time, but all things become out dated eventually. Same thing with the Voodoo series. PJ64 probably will too. (But not for a long time :p )

OP
T

top bloke

its not out yet, but the screen shots look great
i also played mario on the 004 version, and it looks just like uHLE
i recommend anyone with a 3dfx card look into this plugin

maybe i wont buy a new card after all... (i actually went to the store on sunday to buy one but it was easter or something so it was closed) maybe theres still life left in the old voodoo...

and by the way, in Ultra, I could not do the puzzle no matter what.
i did it by the walls, in the middle, different orders, and i got nothing (maybe it was a bad rom - i didnt use Goodn64 back then)

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
I haven't solved that puzzle in uHLE so I don't know, but people have stated that it works.
And the plugin is great, isn't it? I don't have a voodoo, but many people says it is. Wait for the release, and you're not gonna be disappointed! :)

pj64er

PJ64 Lubba
Tri-Force said:
zelda does work in ultra/supra and the block puzzle is beatable. i know i've beat the game many times on ultra. the only thing is that the LOT doesn't work and in the end you have to turn the cheat on to get . . . well you'll see best bet is to go with ultra for your graphics card. to solve that puzzle you have to put the pieces together in the right order and right under the picture.

?? all i had to do was beat the clock. top bloke, did u run out of time. ie u were too slow?