What's new

GoodNDS v0.0.2

diablow

What do we have here? Another emulator based on DeSmuME source. This is getting confusing - too much clones, too little new features. Dear programmers, how about putting your efforts together for one project? Use sourceforge, each one work on one part of emulator (2D, 3D, sound, wifi, etc.) and that will be the best emulator ever ;).

spotanjo3

I added a new Key config and a new save and load states you can now
save your games with it. Graphics are a little better but some games
might appear backwards like the screens for example. I am problably
going to work on sound now even though I dont have a clue how to get
sound on a emulator but I'll look it up.

That's what it is. I think that he is using Normmatt's version into it or something.

synch

Ok, let's summarize:

1) It's violating the GPL license, the 0.0.2 version doesn't have the source released.
2) The size of the new executable (it's 4 times the original one), points that it's a debug build (way much slower) or else, that some useless or dangerous stuff has been added.
3) No exact changelog (and adding this to the 2 points above) just shows that the changes are either irrelevant, null, or dangerous.

So, guess if it's worth trying or not :p

synch

Well, after looking at the sources (it's a normatt's desmume derived work, so it has to release it sources) nothing has been improved, the only change done is the name.

So it's a complete ripoff and the changes are a null. I can provide and unified diff for those that want, but the exact changes done are:

- Name change
- Execute on load
- A hack to the frameskip option that'll probably break any game you use it on.
- The change on savestates, is just the return type, that isn't even checked (so, useless change)

It's not like I don't encourage people to work on emulators derived from desmume, it's just that I can't stand people making false claims of what they did or not.

EDIT: For real changes, just look at my blog, that's improving desmume!

spotanjo3

GoodNDS v0.0.3 is out. That's strange. What changelog is it ? He didnt say. However, I was told "lets you fast forward the games". Yeah, still a crap. :/

synch

Rockmangames said:
GoodNDS v0.0.3 is out. That's strange. What changelog is it ? He didnt say. However, I was told "lets you fast forward the games". Yeah, still a crap. :/

In fact, I was talking about the 0.0.3 version.

diablow

Well, at least he is realeasing something. Know what I mean, sync, wink wink, nugde nudge, know what I mean? :)

synch

diablow said:
Well, at least he is realeasing something. Know what I mean, sync, wink wink, nugde nudge, know what I mean? :)

Do you want us to release old versions with not useful fixes done? Because I can release thousands of versions a day, like these.

diablow

Honestly I wish that there were only one branch of DeSmuME, maybe even closed source, cause now even I can "make a *new* nds emulator" with little effort.

OP
Federelli

Federelli

Beta Tester
Seeing what synch has done so far i believe this will become the main branch for DeSmuME.

Low Lines

Well techinically DeSmuME cannot belong to any one person nor can it be claimed by just one person anymore either.

For one, it has been worked on by multiple coders and secondly, it is open source. I mean synch is (by the sounds of things) reworking quite a bit of the code as it was "crippled" and such, but I bet even after he is finished toying with it, there will still be Yopyop's code and some of Normmatt addons too....So there can't be any such "YOUR" claiming to it because it just ain't a one man project (even though that's technically untrue, depending on how you look at it), if we were to keep it on techinical terms here ;)

For me, I seriously thought someone had started up a Goodrom List for NDS games =]