What's new

Fps problem

stallonef

hi guys, i have a pretty bad comp but is there any way to make the fps higher with out actually upgrading my comp(lower detail.etc)

if there is please tell me how. cant wait to play pokemon stadium and pokemon snap:drool:

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
Just how "bad" is your computer? Overall specs and the video card you are good to know before we start making any suggestions.

Justin3

..BANG!
If your running a 512k Trident Video card and a Intel 486 processor then you have a "Bad system" anything else above that is just outdated:). Make sure you update all your hardware drivers and scan for spyware. Thats all you can realy do to increase you Fps. Also make sure your screen resolution is set to a low level in PJ64.

Poobah

Increase the counter factor, use low resolutions, and disable fancy effects such as texture filtering and anti-aliasing. Have a look at the suggestion for slow computers on this thread.

You should try out some different video plug-ins, too. I recommend that you just download most of the popular ones (Jabo's, Rice's, Glide64 + Wrapper, glN64, Direct64) and work out which ones provide a good speed-quality balance. You may find that 1964 is a little faster, aswell.

I wouldn't get your hopes up about Pokemon Snap. As far as I know, the only way to make it work properly is with PJ64 1.6 + Jabo's Direct3D 8 plug-in with framebuffer stuff enabled. With this configuration, you'll only get a few frames per second.

Last edited: