What's new

ok need lots of help with this one having video problem when going from full screen

trunks9_us

ok ill make this as simple as possible first of all my computer specs i have a amd x2 3800 over clocked to 2.4 ghz i have 1 gig of kingston hyper x ram i have a 560 watt aspire ps i have a dfi mother boards infinty rs somthing idont know the model number and i have a geforce bfg 7900 gt oc i damn well know i meet the requirments to play anything cause i look at my fps in windows mode and its at a constan 50 fps and thats with all the settings turned up now my question is i got all my settings turned up and it works great well problem is i can run the gam in window mode and in full screen mode but when i try to exit the full screen mode the computer seems to freeze sometimes one time it turned on some audio thing where i push a letter and it talked back to me i cant remember the name for that anyways when i exit full screen it glitches all up on me i have the latest drivers for everything on my comp im very big on update i play battle field 2 with full setting and full anti aliasing so whats the problem here it only does it when i try to exit full screen mode any one else have this problem or maybe its cause i turn up the settings all the way ????

NoeOM

Mankind Member
The Human Readable Posts Intiative

trunks9_us said:
ok ill make this as simple as possible
Impressive, considering you wrote 246 words in only one paragraph without any punctuation marks. The problem may be easy to solve, but the post is very hard to read.

squall_leonhart

The Great Gunblade Wielder
negative

this is a known bug on certain systems (i'm able to confirm it everytime using OoT and MQ,)

this is becoz you've loaded a quicksave while in fullscreen

to work around this, when exiting a rom hit F12 to end emulation, then ALT+F4 to close PJ64, this will force it to unlock the GDI and Display driver (for some reason loading a qsave in fullscreen causes PJ64 to lock the Driver in fullscreen mode with certain nvidia hardware)

another way around this is to load a save state while in windowed mode, you'll be able to still switch back and forth to fullscreen and back to windowed mode if you load it in a window.

dutchMasta

Sorry to bring up an old thread, but searching only brought me this one. I have the same problem, using Majora's Mask, Djipi's Real Textures, Project64 1.7 beta (I've already posted there, but it's not a 1.7 related issue anyway) and Rice Video.

F12 didn't work for me, has the same effect as alt+enter/trying to exit full screen, it crashes the emulator, while locked in fullscreen. Annoying thing is, even the "Always on Top" Task Manager can't be in view.

My workaround was to close everything except the emulator and Task Manager, and have Project64.exe highlighted and if I ever wanted to exit full screen, I'd alt+tab to Task Manager and press alt+e then enter to force quit project64.

It's a bitch, is there still no fix for this?

Thanks.

EDIT: Turns out it IS a PJ64 1.7 issue, I'll continue the discussion in their forums.

Last edited:

X-Fi6

This problem ONLY happens to me with Rice Video. Glide64 and Jabo never have this problem...for me, anyway.

Last edited: