What's new

Unhandled R4300i OpCode at: 802800EC teq r0, a0 - HELP!!

Snyper

:( everytime I try to start up the Super Smash bros ROM which is labeled Smash Bros by the way it comes up with the warning "Unhandled R4300i OpCode at: 802800EC teq r0, a0" What's up with that!?!? *cries* Super smash bros is my favorite game of all time and I can't play it :( I want a solution. I've looked up and down these forums and I've found nothing. :( Does anyone know what they problem is or could be and how I could solve it??

Smiff

Emutalk Member
did you read the bit that says, i paraphrase, "check the support pages before posting please"? there is a list of error messages that should cover this.

OP
S

Snyper

Smiff said:
did you read the bit that says, i paraphrase, "check the support pages before posting please"? there is a list of error messages that should cover this.

Where are the support pages!?!? o_O

well, I changed it interperiter mode and now, it doesn't show the error anymore but, it just doesn't have audio or visuals...

OKAY, Whatever settings you guys have to make Super Smash bros work, I would like to try those settings, please. Type them in here :( :(

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
S

Snyper

Thanks but, it's still got the problem =(

I don't get it!! everything is working just fine except for that Dlist, Alist and Idle they're all at 00.0 which doesn't usually happen....is that normal!?!? O_O

Last edited by a moderator:

squall_leonhart

The Great Gunblade Wielder
i don't have a problem running the U version of SSB,.. make sure all rdb settings are default, and use goodn64 to validate the rom...

Mooro12

BF2:***ern Combat Rules!
You now what check the file format if it is .z64 - .v64 or something like that it should work and if it is a different format it won't work it might be zipped or be encrypted by 7-Zip.

Smiff

Emutalk Member
Mooro12 said:
You now what check the file format if it is .z64 - .v64 or something like that it should work and if it is a different format it won't work it might be zipped or be encrypted by 7-Zip.

total rubbish, sorry. he needs to verify the rom, as explained at the link above.

squall_leonhart

smiff is right, and he would know :p

i've pretty much renamed all my roms to v64 (either from .rom or .z64) and they all work, err.. can a problem occur from that smiff, becoz of seen none so far...

Allnatural

squall_leonhart said:
i've pretty much renamed all my roms to v64 (either from .rom or .z64) and they all work, err.. can a problem occur from that smiff, becoz of seen none so far...
Everything is handled by the CRCs, so it doesn't matter what the filename is (as far as PJ64 is concerned).

Clements

The are only 3 valid extensions for N64 rom images, z64, v64 and n64:

z64 - Big Endian, non-byteswapped, generally preferred format
v64 - Byteswapped
n64 - Little Endian (least preferred format)

Non-interleaved formats are preferred over interleaved formats. The others (rom/usa/jap etc) are essentially meaningless, and are in truth one of the 3 main formats.

You can identify the byte order and convert between the three main formats en masse with Tool64. The byte order has nothing to do with whether a rom image is a bad dump or not like Smiff said.

Last edited:

squall_leonhart

ok, good to know, but is there any problems known with changing a rom from z64 to v64?.. coz changed all .rom and .z64 to .v64.. yet there seems to be no issues?

could any arise?

Allnatural

squall_leonhart said:
ok, good to know, but is there any problems known with changing a rom from z64 to v64?.. coz changed all .rom and .z64 to .v64.. yet there seems to be no issues?

could any arise?
If you're just changing the filename, you're really not changing anything at all. If you're using Tool64 to byteswap, it's unnecessary, but it won't cause any problems.

squall_leonhart

i just changed the extension :p

its easier to view by file type if they are all the same extension :p

anyways, i've stolen this thread enough...