What's new

N64 to USB adapter (Nintendo 64 to PC)

SegaCD

Hello, I just recived a

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...dgettype=cross_promot_widget#ebayphotohosting

And I cannot figure out how to setup my controller with it at all, I have tried every option I can think of in the project 64's controller options but its like it does not even detect the controller at all when I start the game up. When I plugged the device in, xp installed the drives automaticly, this thing came with no disk so I am assuming its taking it as a game controller of some sort. But how do I make it work with the emulator exactly? If someone could help me that would be great :cry:

Jefix

Did you calibrate it?

(I'm assuming your using N'Rages) Go to Configure Controller Plugin, and then Devices and then Game Pad and you should see your Controller there.

PS. There's a button on the controller thingy.. make shure that the green light is on.

Last edited:
Oh yeah I think you're right

But some USB adapters use different LED indicator lights

Yeah Paul

Last edited:
OP
SegaCD

SegaCD

I did the calibrating in the control panel like you said but it did not help my probem. I also did the use

"(I'm assuming your using N'Rages) Go to Configure Controller Plugin, and then Devices and then Game Pad and you should see your Controller there.

PS. There's a button on the controller thingy.. make shure that the green light is on."

I thought this would solve my problem because when I looked it was set on "none" so I put it in the adapter and it still did not work. I also looked at the

"read this http://www.emutalk.net/showthread.php?t=16748"

And noticed they talked about n64 controller colors that do and do not work. I am using a Nintendo solid blue N64 controller which just happened to not be mentioned anywhere on that page "figures" and I am wondering if it is compatibul? When I say my controller is not working I meen not at all. The project 64 does not take in the controller no matter what I do I get no responce. I see the adapter on the project 64 configure screens and such but it does not work with any of the games. I did the calibrate thing through the control panel like I said, and it did detect the controller there, because I set up all the settings and such so I know the pc knows its there. I just can not get any of the games to work with it. Am I still doing something wrong?

OP
SegaCD

SegaCD

UPDATE! I figured it out finaly! But I could not have done it with out yer guys help yar. I thank you for helping me the problem was simple I had to set the buttons up in the project 64 configuration settings for the controller since none of them were set @_@ And then I did have to re calibrate the controller settings through the windows control panel a few times because it kept being a little off with the analog stick but its all workin A-Ok now. Thanks for the help and information again.