What's new

SA2 : Using the VMU display? Got images..

chaoworld

Hi, I am currently using Chankast Alpha to play Sonic Adventure 2, and for the most part I am having no troubles at all. However, I have set my memory card type to VMS with LCD, and I have no clue how to use the LCD screen "VMU Display" when it pops up. Does anyone know what to do.. here?
currentsettingshm9.jpg

Also, I downloaded a .DCI file that contains a chao editor for the VMS with LCD thing, and it can be seen on my memory card screen, but I have no clue on how to use it. Can anyone help me here? Thanks..

currentsettings2im9.jpg

Mouser X

Chankast is a Dreamcast emulator. What you're looking for is a VMU emulator. Why don't you take a look at Zophar.net. They have a couple of VMU emulators, and they might do what you're looking for. If that doesn't work, try out other emulation sites, and see if they have any VMU emulators.

The problem is, that Chankast only emulates the Dreamcast, and the controllers. It does not emulate the VMU user interface (the D-pad and face buttons, and that stuff). Using a VMU emulator should take care of that though. However, I have no idea how compatible VMU emulators are, whether they'll work, or not, or even if the saves they create can be used by Chankast. Good luck on it though, and hopefully this is helpful to you. Mouser X over and out.