What's new

no floor

Santa7

I’ve tried searching around but I haven’t found someone with my same problem

But what happens is while playing OoT on Project64 v1.6, the floors are black, and the great deku tree is invisible (except for his mustache) and some other misshapes. I was just wondering how to resolve this issue.

I am running on Windows Xp Pro w/ SP2, 512 DDR RAM, 1.6 GHz Intel Pentium 4 Processor, GeForce MX4000 Graphics card w/ 128mb DDR memory, and no clue what the sound card is but I doubt it has anything to do with it.

Any help is appreciated

View attachment 33736View attachment 33737View attachment 33738

Poobah

Try reading the GameFAQ that came with PJ64.

Once you've done that, I suggest you try the 1.5.2 version of Jabo's plug-in, and see if that fixes it.

El Duderino

It looks like it's just too dark. Try turning up the brightness in the video plugin, or turn up the gamma in your video card options.

deathace

since your card is a directx7 card, you might want to change the plugin to 1.5.2. The 1.6 plugin is for directx8 and up capable cards.

squall_leonhart

The Great Gunblade Wielder
El Duderino said:
It looks like it's just too dark. Try turning up the brightness in the video plugin, or turn up the gamma in your video card options.

don't open your mouth unless you knw whats going on.

to the orignal poster

the MX4000 is basically a modified MX 420 with higher clocks.

as this is the case, it doesnt' support pixel shaders which the Dx8 plugin requires to render certain textures. this is shown through

1. opening logo isn't rendered correctly
2. black floor and field textures
3. certain walls are black.

OP
S

Santa7

Thanks for all the help but i did some deeper searching and found a new plugin that works, glN64, although it gets slightly glitchy at times and the audio clicks, it seems to work

deathace said:
since your card is a directx7 card, you might want to change the plugin to 1.5.2. The 1.6 plugin is for directx8 and up capable cards.

tried it, but no luck, same issue

Well I thought glN64 was going to help, but it did fix one thing, the floors are fine but some new problems have arrived

first of all the audio gets a little choppy and clicky at times and certain graphics are scrambled (for instance the Link in the Start menu) and occasionally during a movie scene mostly for a brief second there is like a black isotope triangle coming out of the top, but so fast I cannot get a screen shot

This all wouldn’t bug me too much other than the audio choppiness, which happens quite often

Please, if anyone knows a way to help this, please enlighten me

Help is always appreciated

Oh, and if your wondering that picture is from master quest, not exactly OoT, but same thing happens in both

Just clearing this up if someone happens to bring it up

Last edited:

Poobah

Santa7 said:
No he was right; you were saying something pretty stupid
I'm quite advanced with programs but I’m new to this so I still have some to learn

Obviously you do too
I found that highly insulting, considering that both of my suggestions were perfectly accurate and valid, and that I have been using emulators like this one for years. I never said that what squall said was wrong. In fact, I instead backed his point up, using him as an example because he is guilty of the very same thing.

Please let me know the areas that I am ignorant in, so that I can work on it. I would also like to know how I made it appear "obvious" that I "still have some to learn", because I would like to work on that too, so that I can stop giving the impression that I don't know what I'm talking about.

Santa7 said:
Well I thought glN64 was going to help, but it did fix one thing, the floors are fine but some new problems have arrived

first of all the audio gets a little choppy and clicky at times and certain graphics are scrambled (for instance the Link in the Start menu) and occasionally during a movie scene mostly for a brief second there is like a black isotope triangle coming out of the top, but so fast I cannot get a screen shot

This all wouldn’t bug me too much other than the audio choppiness, which happens quite often

Please, if anyone knows a way to help this, please enlighten me

Help is always appreciated

Overall, most people would consider Jabo's graphics plug-ins to be the best, all-around. Glide64 with Hacktarux's Glide wrapper is great for frame buffer effects (such as pause screens and the TV screen seen in Mario Kart 64) if you have a video card that supports OpenGL 1.5. (I don't think yours does, though.) Did you try version 1.5 of Jabo's plug-in yet? Most people with similar problems find that that one works fine.

See if the "sync game to audio" option in Jabo's audio plug-in's settings fixes the choppy sound. As the name of this option implies, the game will become synchronised to the audio, so you won't be able to disable the frame rate limiter. A great alternative to Jabo's audio plug-in is Azimer's audio plug-in. This one may not have the choppy audio problems.

Last edited by a moderator:

squall_leonhart

he quoted the wrong person, sorry poobah.

what forceware are you using (or detonators if thats the case)

download Detonator 44.56 (or one in the det 44's) and use the 1.5.2 plugin.

OP
S

Santa7

Poobah said:
Overall, most people would consider Jabo's graphics plug-ins to be the best, all-around. Glide64 with Hacktarux's Glide wrapper is great for frame buffer effects (such as pause screens and the TV screen seen in Mario Kart 64) if you have a video card that supports OpenGL 1.5. (I don't think yours does, though.) Did you try version 1.5 of Jabo's plug-in yet? Most people with similar problems find that that one works fine.

See if the "sync game to audio" option in Jabo's audio plug-in's settings fixes the choppy sound. As the name of this option implies, the game will become synchronised to the audio, so you won't be able to disable the frame rate limiter. A great alternative to Jabo's audio plug-in is Azimer's audio plug-in. This one may not have the choppy audio problems.

Well the Jabo's Graphics plug-in was the plug-in that was giving me the black floor problems, and I tried both 1.5.2 and 1.6 and there was no luck

Also I tried the Azimer's audio plug-in yet still have the clicky audio
There wasn’t clicky audio when I had the black floors with the other video plug-in, so I think maybe glN64 might be higher CPU demanding and causes the audio get a little choppy
It’s just a guess, but I don’t think it really has to do with the audio plug-in

squall_leonhart said:
he quoted the wrong person, sorry poobah.

what forceware are you using (or detonators if thats the case)

download Detonator 44.56 (or one in the det 44's) and use the 1.5.2 plugin.

Okay well first 2 things, how do I determine what forceware I'm using?
And where do I download Detonator 44.56

I've noticed yet another little bug and this one is that when I open the start menu in Zelda, the background is the last building I was in

Also it opens quite slowly, so please tell me if there is something to fix these bugs as well

Thank you for all the help so far, you have all been really great and I really appreciate all your knowledge. It’s making things a lot easier

So if anyone has an idea speak now

Last edited by a moderator:

squall_leonhart

update to the latest RDB, this will fix the slow menu load.

if you can't determine what drivers your using, your likely using the stock detonator 56.57 thats in SP2....

just download 91.31 from www.nvidia.com and then use the Dx6 plugin.
IT SHOULD WORK!