What's new

I need the help of a Glide expert

Dukelord

Ok I'm using eVoodoo 3.25 on Project 64 v1.6,I place the econtrol.exe file and Glide3X.dll file in the main emulator folder,and I place the Glide64.dll file in the plugin folder,so I'm good to go.The few games I have emulate very well,it amazing how a game like Resident Evil 2 works so well,but I have problems with 3 games and I need to know how to tweak the glide settings to amke things work well;

1. Resident Evil:No speech.The gunshot sound is ok,the noise of zombies,fires burning,footsteps and doors closing are ok,but in the FMVs,when the characters talk,you can't hear what they say.

2. Golden Eye: The sky doesn't emulate well,otherwise the game is perfect.

3. Ogre Battle 64: Emulates well,but on the screen where characters are meant to be,all you see is a white image of any character.

4.Wipeout 64 has the same problem as Resident Evil 2 above

Also,could someone tell me how to transfer the save files from 1964 v0.99 to Project 64 v0.6 and make them work perfectly?

And I need help configuring zeckensack's Glide wrapper.After I intsall,it appears in the Program files and I dunno what to do.

My laptop specs;

128MB (dedicated) ATI Radeon Xpress 200M
1GB RAM
AMD Turion 64 1.8GHz
100GB HDD

Thanks a lot folks.

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Your specs tell me you should probably be able to use the latest hacktarux wrapper & Glide64 (get it from my signature). eVoodoo is known to have many problems with Glide64, unfortunaly.

Resident Evil's sound is a known issue. I don't exactly how to solve it, but I believe there may be a solution to it. I'd search around.
Goldeneye's sky is a known issue, too, in all or most plugins.
For ogre battle, perhaps the new wrapper can help.

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
Supposedly Azimer's Audio WIP2 plugin fixes a lot of sound issues in Resident Evil 2.

OP
D

Dukelord

Doomulation said:
Your specs tell me you should probably be able to use the latest hacktarux wrapper & Glide64 (get it from my signature). eVoodoo is known to have many problems with Glide64, unfortunaly.

Resident Evil's sound is a known issue. I don't exactly how to solve it, but I believe there may be a solution to it. I'd search around.
Goldeneye's sky is a known issue, too, in all or most plugins.
For ogre battle, perhaps the new wrapper can help.

Thanks a lot man...
I'll download hacktarux now and try it out.

Agozer said:
Supposedly Azimer's Audio WIP2 plugin fixes a lot of sound issues in Resident Evil 2.

Thanks man.Pls where can I download Azimer's Audio WIP2 plugin.I only have WIP1

Last edited by a moderator:

CF2

Pretends to make sense
Make sure to check the Send Audio Lists to Audio Plugin box in the RSP plugin settings. The RSP settings are only if available if you unhide advanced options. This will make PJ64 use the audio plugin for audio processing rather than the RSP.

OP
D

Dukelord

CF2 said:
Make sure to check the Send Audio Lists to Audio Plugin box in the RSP plugin settings. The RSP settings are only if available if you unhide advanced options. This will make PJ64 use the audio plugin for audio processing rather than the RSP.

Sorry,that still doesn't solve it,the audio becomes much worse... sounds choppy if you say