What's new

Controller Problems with Zelda Majora's Mask

6o66y

Hello everyone. I just got me one of those N64 to USB devices for my N64 controller..I am using the regular/original grey controller that came with my 64. When i start up Majora's Mask everything seems to be fine at first.I seem to be able to do everything except run and jump.I know running is just holding up on the stick but when i do this he just walks very slowly. I have messed with the dead spot slider and plug ins etc. but nothing has seemed to fix my problem.Any ideas would be great.Thanks a million.

Milo-

I have useless information
Well, first, are u sure your controller is still in good conditions? if the answer is yes, then try another input plugin, if that fix your problem you can either keep using the new plugin that worked for you, or look at the values in the working plugin (dead zone slider etc)

if that doesnt solves the problem then it's very probable that your controller is no longer in good conditions

EDIT: Do you only get this problem on Zelda Majora's Mask?

Last edited:

Smiff

Emutalk Member
calibrate and test it in windows game controllers applet
your hardware is likely fine, its just a range calibration problem.

OP

6o66y

I have tried everything..I tested out ALOT of didnt contoller plugins and they all do the same thing.My controller works perfect so i know its not that..I have tried it on several different versions of the roms..it still has the same problem with every version.im at a total lose here.

axcc123

Hungry For Answers
Smiff said:
calibrate and test it in windows game controllers applet
your hardware is likely fine, its just a range calibration problem.

DID YOU DO WHAT SMIFF SAID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

you need to calibrate the contorller in the game controller menu in windows

OP

6o66y

YES I DID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and that wasnt the problem,but i got it figured out now anyways. THANK YOU!