What's new

daemon tools 3.29 problem!

aith_note

I recently downloaded daemon tools 3.29 and upon installing i got a blue screen saying "trying to execute unexecutable memory." I'm running winXP and got the installer off of the daemon tools homepage. PLEASE HELP. I can't play Power Stone because alcohol 120% gives me the iocontrol error!

Mouser X

I've never had a problem with 3.29, and I use WinXP SP1. Did you install SP2? This is mostly speculation, but I think installing SP2 has caused a few people this BSOD problem. If you did install SP2, I don't have any good suggestions for you. However, if you search the forums thouroughly enough, you *might* find a fix. I seem to recall someone posting a link to something that fixed/installed/changed the way that ASPI works on XP machines, but all I can remember about it is that it reminds me of frogs... That's not likely to be useful. I'm sorry I can't help more, and don't get your hopes up, as it might prove most difficult to find (if it's there at all) and it might not work (I don't have any serious issues, so I didn't bother downloading it, when I really should have). Hopefully someone else can come along and provide some better help. Mouser X over and out.

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
You should ask for help on installing DT the DT forums. They should be able to help you better than we can.

Last edited: