What's new

Please help..! Program doesn't open

yegosimo

Bug Killer
i need some help
i don't know if any of you have used Geovision Surveillance System (program for recording on cameras), but i'm having a problem with it.
it's nothing technical at all ... what happens is that i double click it (to launch it as i would launch any program), but the program never starts... !!
it seems to be working at the Task Manager, but i have to log in to start recording, and i can't do it since nothing appears on my desktop..
i've asked for help on the Geovision's support forum but those M.F. don't answer... (Link)
i had this problem like a month ago. i checked up the system for a virus, nothing found. i tried rebooting, reinstalling but nothing works, the program doesn't load.
finally i formatted my PC and reinstalled Windows and the Geovision software, and it began working again.
can anyone please tell me what to do? is the problem it windows-related or something??. i just don't want to format my system again ... :(

WhiteX

Something like SP2, Genuine advantage, a newer driver, something that you added after clean reinstalling, in my opinion, the best thing to do is to format again, install your software and after every hardware and/or software setup, you go check if the problem returned, by doing this you will know what soft causes the conflict and you can keep from installing it.

OP
yegosimo

yegosimo

Bug Killer
ok, i don't have service packs on my windows xp
the thing is that i used restored my system to last sunday (when the Geovision program was working) using System Restore.
it worked, so it must be a program installed since that day, and all i remember i installed was: GTA Vice City, EPSON CX5400 drivers&software, and Documents to Go for my Palm.
thanks God i didn't have to format my computer again... now i can sleep more tomorrow.
thu i'm afraid that this will happen again, and again... :(

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
You should always install service pack 2, but stay away from hotfixes - they cause nothing but trouble.
It's also best to slipstream your service pack into your windows installation for best results.

OP
yegosimo

yegosimo

Bug Killer
i have once installed the SP2 but the computer worked really slow with it.
my SP2 CD doesn't boot the computer at startup, so i have to install XP first (w/o SP's), then i have to install the SP2-Integrated CD, so i think that it makes the computer slower, and actually it does.
i was trying to modify the CD so that i could make it bootable, but i failed..