What's new

noob needs help and lots of it

Status
Not open for further replies.

XUL EZXHATON

The Judas Paladin
since i heard about playin games on the computer, i wanted to try it... but it's just so complicated and i don't know where to start or how to start or even to find anything to help me, i'm not good at computers, i don't even know my comp specs... anyone help? plz??

squeakypants

Use the search function ;)

I feel like being nice today:

It's actually not that complicated, it's just that there's multiple programs. I'll give you the down-low. The two best n64 emulators are 1964 and Project64. However, if you want to play online you need Project64k. 1964 is a better emulator and has more features, but Project64 is compatible with more games. (Though, when version 1.7 comes out that should change).

You have 3 plugins: Graphics, Audio, and Input. Graphics and Audio you should leave alone, but you need to set up your Input plugin. You can set it up to the keyboard, but if you have a gamepad you can set it up to that. Then you get ROMs and start playing!

For online play in Project64k, go to File-->Start Netplay. Then join one of the servers; Emularena Grounds has the far most n64 matches. Then just start or join a game!

OP
XUL EZXHATON

XUL EZXHATON

The Judas Paladin
well all i really want to do is just play OOT... is 1964 compatable with that?
plus i have no clue where to find anything anywhere... not that i'm askin for a rom... just a place where you could search for it or somethin

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
Both 1964 and Project64 are compatible with Ocarina of Time.

Google is a good place to search for roms.

OP
XUL EZXHATON

XUL EZXHATON

The Judas Paladin
thanks alot... not meaning to sound like a noob or anything again, but what are hi res textures for?

Cheezyphil

megahuge gaming bwner
XUL EZXHATON said:
since i heard about playin games on the computer, i wanted to try it... but it's just so complicated and i don't know where to start or how to start or even to find anything to help me, i'm not good at computers, i don't even know my comp specs... anyone help? plz??
Help from other people is limited to an extent.

I figured out everything on my own with no help at all.

took me about, 1/2 year. You'll catch on quickly, though.

Once you get then hang of using emulators, it'll be easire than buttering your bread. (which actually can be hard sometimes, depeneding on the type).

Mitdylan

XUL EZXHATON said:
thanks alot... not meaning to sound like a noob or anything again, but what are hi res textures for?

It makes games look Cool.
I don't have any hi res textures but I've seen Pictures.

Toasty

Sony battery
He didn't directly ask for a ROM or the location of one. All he did is state that he hasn't found one yet. No need to whip out the banned links yet. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.