What's new

Glide64 and eVoodoo wrapper

Van Halen Man

I asked about Problems with ocarina of time, and I was told about having Glide64 with an eVoodoo wrapper. Since I am really clueless in this subject, can someone give me some help with this? The problem I was having was color problems the messages wouldn't show up. And just the color was off. He told me Glide64 and eVoodoo wrapper would help with an older system, which is exactly what I have. So some one PLEASE help me. I would GREATLY APPRECIATE IT.

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
We can't help until we know your system specifications. I believe this has been the answer in most of your threads.

Last edited:

tailslol

he got a 3dfx woodoo video card humm its old i have never tryed it but i think it was the first video card for n64 emulation long time ago(at the time of hle i think)

Clements

FloW3184 said:
try this one out (newest glide64 + wrapper supporting hwfb emulation)
it is the newest release
http://www.emuxhaven.net/forums/showthread.php?t=6123

Hacktarux's wrapper requires a card supporting at least OpenGL 1.5 in hardware, so he'll need to use eVoodoo instead. The latest Glide64 plugin is linked above though.

As for eVoodoo, the file is in the download section, and you put both the wrapper files in the main emulator folder. Put Glide64.dll in the plugins folder and select it from the settings. Use eVoodoo 3.25 or above since they work better.

OP
Van Halen Man

Van Halen Man

WHAT THE HECK!? Every time I download the wrapper it, and try ro unzip it, it says it is an invalid zip central archive. Then it says please try to obtaine a new copy of it. WHY DOES IT KEEP DOING THIS!? I downloaded it atleast 5 times, and I have Dial-up.

OP
Van Halen Man

Van Halen Man

Ok well I have at least successfully downloaded and unzipped the src, but could someone tell me what the heck all this stuff is!?

Clements

I assume from your post your downloaded the src archive from the Emuxhaven. src is the source code, which is useless to you, as I also assume you have no knowledge about compiling.

It is also not the correct wrapper. Unless you have a Radeon 9500 or GeForceFX 5200 and above, it will most likely not work - and in your other post you stated that Link had a white tunic, which only happens with below spec cards. This is why stating what your system specs are is very important, as I must make many educated guesses as to what the problem is rather than a proper diagnosis.

Download eVoodoo from here:

http://www.emutalk.net/forumdisplay.php?f=72
or
http://www.emutalk.net/showthread.php?t=17097

Follow my directions in post #6 in this thread.

Last edited:
OP
Van Halen Man

Van Halen Man

Ok so I downloaded evoodoo-3.25 and that gave me GLIDE3X.dll. So I put this in the plugin folder?So what goes in the main folder?

I'm very sorry if I am being a hastle.

Clements

Glide3x.dll is the wrapper file itself (not a plugin), and goes in the main folder. eControl.exe is used to configure the wrapper. This also goes in the main folder.

Glide64.dll is a video plugin, and so goes in the plugins folder.

OP
Van Halen Man

Van Halen Man

Ok so I downloaded evoodoo-3.25 and that gave me GLIDE3X.dll. So I put this in the plugin folder?So what goes in the main folder?

OP
Van Halen Man

Van Halen Man

-woops I didn't mean to send for the 3rd time, its just that I have the SLOWEST INTERNET CONNECTION ON EARTH, I am having a hard time downloading these things the downloads keep stopping on me and so does page laoding so I keep having to reload it until it works.

But is the glide64 in the link that you provided?

Last edited:
OP
Van Halen Man

Van Halen Man

Oh yeah and what I can tell of my computer specs:

cpu: Intel celeron @977.7 MHz
graphics card:VIA Tech VT8361/VT8601 graphics controller ~ total memory8.0 MB
memory: 120 MB RAM
sound card: advance AC97 audio

this is all that I know to put on here. Is there anything else?

dazey238

With that spec, you *might* actually be OK using Jabo's Direct3d 1.5.2 plugin but you'd have to increase the size of your shared Video memory in your computer BIOS.

I have a feeling that you're not going to understand what I just wrote though :)

For Glide64 you need to put the downloaded files in the C:\Program Files\1964\Plugins folder (assuming you installed to the default location). Then select the plugin from within 1964 as your graphics plugin and you should be up and running!

Just to let you know right now, Zelda doesn't work too great with the eVoodoo/Glide64 combo - well it doesn't on my Intel 815 Integrated Graphics anyway.

Last edited:
OP
Van Halen Man

Van Halen Man

What is the glide64 actually called after extracting it from the zip file? Clements gave a link on page 1 to page of a bunch of downloads, I think its the first link on reply #9. Is it on that page and if so what is it called?Oh yeah and when I change the plugin at the bottom of the menu there are two check boxes, one says display default plug-in settings and the other says display rom plug-in settings do I want Glide64 to be on the rom plug-in settings?

Clements

Van Halen Man said:
What is the glide64 actually called after extracting it from the zip file?

I answered this in post #11

Van Halen Man said:
Clements gave a link on page 1 to page of a bunch of downloads, I think its the first link on reply #9. Is it on that page and if so what is it called?

The threads labeled 'eVoodoo'

Van Halen Man said:
Oh yeah and when I change the plugin at the bottom of the menu there are two check boxes, one says display default plug-in settings and the other says display rom plug-in settings do I want Glide64 to be on the rom plug-in settings?

Display Default plugin settings.

jackster12

Van Halen Man said:
I asked about Problems with ocarina of time, and I was told about having Glide64 with an eVoodoo wrapper. Since I am really clueless in this subject, can someone give me some help with this? The problem I was having was color problems the messages wouldn't show up. And just the color was off. He told me Glide64 and eVoodoo wrapper would help with an older system, which is exactly what I have. So some one PLEASE help me. I would GREATLY APPRECIATE IT.

i have the same problem but he just doesnt move instead

all you need is 16MB to share the love

OP
Van Halen Man

Van Halen Man

Ok first I don't really know what your talking about. And how do I change what ever it is that you are talking about to 16MB??

OP
Van Halen Man

Van Halen Man

Ok I got selecte Glide64 as the graphics plug-in, but it slowed WAY down WHY?!:(

Ok now it keeps saying that 1964 has generated errors. WHY DOES IT KEEP DOING THIS?!?!?!?!

Last edited: