What's new

loss of save state in Majora's Mask

JasDicks71

I am sorry if i am repeating myself but this save probme with majora's mask is taking my fun away form the game. I was just in the great bay temple and I had just picked up the 11th or 12th lost fairy. I use the save feature that pj64 has and I shut it off as well as the computer. I come back later and I opened the rom and go to restore my save. Instead I see nothing but the intro screen and I end up back at Clock town with my cheat codes but I lost the spot I was at. In other words I have to do it again but because this keeps happening, it worn't matter. No matter how far I get in the game and no matter how many times I save the same thing happens: back in clock town at day one:72 hours remain. It is really fustrating. Again I am sorry to repaet myself on this but this is making hard to enjoy the game when I keep losing my location. Please help!

Toasty

Sony battery
Hit F5 to save a state, then F7 to restore it. If this doesn't work, I don't know what to tell you.

Smiff

Emutalk Member
do you have an administrator account? if not, try changing the save folder to somewhere you have write permissions to.
using cheats can be problematic also.

Typify

Nolife
You probably had assigned the save state to some of the other slots. Try loading all the different slots. (press 1-9 and then load)

OP
J

JasDicks71

I just lost the save that I had while I was in the woodfall temple and I had a native save state at woodfall with the statue. I use f5 to save and when I open the rom I use the drop down lists' restore opton f7. But again when I hit f7 nothing happened and when I used the games' save it wasn't there. What kind of cheats can be problematic? I use the infinite option, the have optoin with decu nuts and other weapons, the have bottle option and the option to levitate. What cheats can I use so that this doesn't happen again?