What's new

another Dr mario does not work thread "sorry"

Yodar

Hey, the problem with emulators is that most games work w/o glitches except the game which is the only one you wish to play.

The thing is, my mother loves dr mario!, so i installed this emulator and lotsa other 64 emulators so we can all play dr mario with the 4 of us.

The thing is, in single player its works but in multiplayer it doesnt. I have the same problem described in many other topics. Pill dont drop or strange colors. (I tried diffrent vid plugings and they all had some glitches).

This is why I started this topic, hopefully someone has a tip for me to get this game working ;(. I tried all the suggestion posted in many forums but they all didnt work :(.

Anyway, my computer configuration is:
Media center
VIA chipset mobo with turion mt-32 proc.
Ati power color all in one wonder radeon 9600
512 twinmos ram
windows xp

If someone has a working tip, my mother will love you to death!!!

cheers!

Smiff

Emutalk Member
we spent quite while fully cleaning this game up (afaik) for 1.7.. so you could donate to get the beta on behalf of your mother ;) i don't know which other video plugins may run this game properly, some might.
edit: but you said you tried them all so i guess its just pj64 1.7 then..

OP
Y

Yodar

correction its a turion mt 30.

it runs at 1.6ghz and i believes it has 1 mb of cache.
I Had the same problem with dr mario in combination with the 9600 radeon and a duron 900 proccesor. Than i fixed it using tips from forum topics

OP
Y

Yodar

Smiff said:
we spent quite while fully cleaning this game up (afaik) for 1.7.. so you could donate to get the beta on behalf of your mother ;) i don't know which other video plugins may run this game properly, some might.
edit: but you said you tried them all so i guess its just pj64 1.7 then..

Heh, so in 1.7 it should work?

If you can assure it works than I dont have a problem donating.
Btw how can I donate 20 dollar? I bet i have to use pay pall right? takes so long for a non credit card holder to deposit money to pay pall. Or ar there other ways to donate 20 bucks? direct money transfers?

OP
Y

Yodar

Thanks for your reply clements.

The one time I had dr mario working I indeed used 1964 + rice. The only problem with 1964 is that it doesnt seem to support command lines. Since I want to start dr mario from my media center (media portal), else my mother will never be able to start the game hereself :).

Btw the time i had it working was on the durion/ powercolor configuration. With 1964 on my turion media center I still had problems but that is prolly deu some wrong configurations.

Smiff

Emutalk Member
ok finally this game looks done. this build isn't posted yet but should be in next one jabo posts (probably within a week or so)