What's new

problem with shenmue

Kaiket

I mount the .cdi images of any of the 3 CDs with alcohol or daemon, but they appear as a music CD in the windows explorer, what happens? i heard about something similar: some people said that the chankast recognized the images as music CDs, but the windows explorer? What can I do with this?

P.D: My english sucks, i know =P

Bucket

Have you tried running the game in Chankast.
Because somereason Windows does think they are music CDs, it happens to everyone and I dont think you can change this.

Try running the game in Chankast, even though it appears as a music CD in windows, it should work.

Last edited:
OP
K

Kaiket

Yes, i tried, it crashes (Io Control error). What can i do with this?

P.D: How does Utopia work in chankast? i mount the image, run chankast, when it says to change the cd i do it (unmount the utopia image and mount the shenmue .cdi) , but it stays in the same window.

Bucket

Kaiket said:
Yes, i tried, it crashes (Io Control error). What can i do with this?

P.D: How does Utopia work in chankast? i mount the image, run chankast, when it says to change the cd i do it (unmount the utopia image and mount the shenmue .cdi) , but it stays in the same window.

Try this.
Q: Every time I try to run a .cdi CD image of a game I get an I/O control error. Why?
A: This is caused by the software that was used to create these CD images and it's not a fault of the emulator. If you want to make these images work with Chankast do one of the following:
1: Use Daemon Tools v3.29 to mount you CD images (other versions of Daemon tools will probably NOT work).
2: Use a tool to convert the CD image to another format (this does not always work).
3: Use Diskjuggler to burn the CD image to a CD-R(W) and create another CD image using another sofware (CloneCD, Nero, etc.). You may have to use an older version of Diskjuggler to burn the CD image or the game may not work.

You can get Daemon V3.29 from here http://www.daemon-tools.cc/dtcc/download.php?mode=Download&id=27

Also can you tell me if Chankast tries to play the image as a Music CD.

Last edited:
OP
K

Kaiket

I tried to install the 3.29 daemon, but it doesnt work, it crash with a SCSI "dont know what" error so Im using the 4.03 version

Where can i download an old version of diskjuggler?

Last edited:
OP
K

Kaiket

wooow, i finally did it, i just did what the 3 point says:
3: Use Diskjuggler to burn the CD image to a CD-R(W) and create another CD image using another sofware (CloneCD, Nero, etc.). You may have to use an older version of Diskjuggler to burn the CD image or the game may not work.
I used the 3.50.826 version of discjuggler.
For the people with the same or similar problem: you can download every version of discjuggler from here.
You dont have to know the language, I think you know how links work =P

Well, thanks for the help, and close this post ;)