What's new

next release of pj64?

7SEALS

I was just wondering when the next release of PJ64 will be? I don't want to rush anything, but I really wanna use the netplay feature. It sounds really cool. I can't wait. Until then, I guess I am stuck with single player games.

axcc123

Hungry For Answers
When it's out it will be posted netpay in the next release is not even put in yet so don't get ur hopes up you should donate 20.00 to get 1.7 beta if you wanna see what they are doing

mikesgm6

Why not? xD

No but i just wanted something like be able to see secret feautres... or bug fixes but I guess it's either pay or wait...

offtopic: oh snap i joined 2005 and only have a few posts!

Seriously though. . .in all honesty, it would be nice for someone to at least give some kind of little preview thingy. . .I don't want to get tricked into donating 20 bucks for something that might not work with my pc. . .I'm really low end here, and I've been kinda scared to donate thinking that maybe it's being developed only for really high end pc's more so than for people who may not be so fortunate. . .I get some money this saturday and I'm deciding between renewing my xbox live or the beta. . .but I'm really not sure. . .might get both. . .

Smiff

Emutalk Member
afaik the system requirements should not be any higher for 1.7 than 1.6.. its a bit slower now because of logging and debugging code, but the difference is not much while playing games. if your system runs 1.6 ok it should run 1.7 aswell, i don't see requirements going up much. some things will be faster.

I was leaning toward the xbox live. . .now i'm leaning more toward the beta. . lol. . .I just wish I knew if there are any games that are looking better than they did in the last release. . .like. . .skies in Goldeneye? the lights shining in Perfect Dark? Anything fixed in Top Gear Rally 1 at all? is there anything fixed at all in anything? or is that asking too much?

Smiff

Emutalk Member
Top Gear Rally is looking better (pixel pipe issues fixed, not 100% though) and the sound is now working, but the timing is wrong so it's not running smooth. maybe this game is 70% done :)

Last edited:

skyman8081

Smarter than you.
Here is a screenshot showing off the Hi-Res texture support in 1.7. It is far better in Jabo's plug-in than how Rice implemented it, IMHO. Each texture pack is a zip file and it contains an XML file that contains information like the name of the pack, the author, and the version.

[sorry skyman, not sure jabo really wants that posted yet eh]

Last edited by a moderator:

NoeOM

Mankind Member
Texture pack compatibility

Will texture packs be compatible (or easy to adapt from one to another) between Jabo's and Rice's plugins?

Smiff

Emutalk Member
NoeOM said:
Will texture packs be compatible (or easy to adapt from one to another) between Jabo's and Rice's plugins?

no. good question. this is a major issue. for various reasons i don't think it can be fully automated, considerable work (mostly renaming) must be done by human(s).

Last edited:
:D :D:D:D:D:D 6 smilies for y'all! I was just messing with you anyway, I was getting the beta all along! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D quadrillion smilies for y'all!!!!!!!!!!! Make sure you share those smilies. . .I don't want to see anybody with an uneven share.....