What's new

Help Please! Very Confused! Music Cd ????

hdskull

Hi, can someone please help me?

I'm new to this Chankast thing, i meet all the system requirements, i have daemon tools, i found an iso image for Street fighter III 3rd strike and mounted it on daemon tools, but when i use Chankast, it recognizes it as a music cd ? (i don't know if it's a music cd or not but it has a picture of a cd in the middle and play/stop/previous and stuff like that on the bottom. Also when i go to play, it says please insert disc.

i'm really confused

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP? THANKS PPL

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
The CD image is not selfboot, or it is corrupted. Get a bootdisc (such as Utopia) and try again.

Or get a selfboot image.

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
ount the utopia image in DT or Alcohol virtual drive, run it in Chankast. When it loads, unmount the image and moun the game image.

At least, that's how it's supposed to work.

OP
H

hdskull

hi, i got utopia v 1.1, and i mounted it and ran chankast, but this message came out "this game does not support the AV cable, please turn it off and replace the AV cable", i'm stuck what do i do now?

thanks for all ur help

John Chaser

Wait....you mean all this while you can use Utopio boot disk instead of going through all the trouble to make the particular game boot all by itself?! :doh:

slayer38

First sry for my bad english
I had the same problem but only with images. From CD it works.

I become also the music cd menu, and yes the image was bootable. << Maybe Problems after mainboard change. But now i found a way.
Run b2b_gui.exe and put your dreamcast image in there.
Now the program generate a cdi image.
Mount this new image (only daemon tools 3.29 can read this image format propably)

MFG slayer38

OP
H

hdskull

thanks but i'm happy with running utopia, i went through all a lot of trouble using exoskeleton's program and it didn't work out, so i'll stick w/utopia

John Chaser

I tried using Utopia bootdisk 1.5 and Daemon tools 4.03 with Ready to Rumble: Round 2. Chankast is able to detect the bootdisk but Utopia itself does not boot R2R. Is it because of I'm using the Echaelon(R2R:R2) release?