What's new

Banjo-Tooie Error

Merlin644

Running 1964 0.9.9 (or whichever the latest one is...) with Jabo 3d 1.5.2, Jabo Audio 1.6, and Jabo core Input 1.6. I have a GeForce MX 1/200. My issue is that Banjo Tooie keeps crashing. An error pops up every now and again that says "Exception in Emulation Thread" or something to that effect...and then I have to exit the emulator as the emulation is reduced to a grey screen. Any solutions?

Note - I REALLY don't want to go back to PJ 64, because the five minutes that Bj-2 runs is smoother and faster then PJ EVER ran.

tailslol

ok dont use the jabo plugs for 1964 it cause a lots of issues try to find the best plugs for 1964 or use all default plugins and rice beta10 video plugin i hope it will work

OP
M

Merlin644

I tried following the Banjo Kazooie FAQ online, using their configuration of

1964 0.8.5.
with

Jabo 1.5.2
1964 0.9.9's audio plugin
Jabo6 Input plugin
And Mupen's RSP.

On the surface the problem appears to be solved. More testing required.

4real

This setup should work fine but if you do have any problems use the jabo 1.5 gfx plugin.

Also using Nrage input plugin will help with certain points in the game.

Last edited:

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
This not a problem with 1964 or Jabo's plugins, its because your computer does not meet the requirements to run something (As is obvious by the Geforce 1), Jabos 1.6 video plugin definitely would have issues.

What Tailslol said was utter nonsense 1964 doesn't have any issues with the Jabo video plugins.

Last edited:

tailslol

hum there are issues with some driver on the 1.6 version of jabo and 1964 0.99 but it depend a lots of drivers and ardware...just see the number of hreat about it... then try to solve the problem without me

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
If jabo's plugin doesn't work on 1964 it doesn't work on Project64 either, it is merely a plugin and it has absolutely nothing to do with how the emulator core behaves (which 1964 is the core) I think you'll find 1964's core is as advanced as Project64's and it has the same plugin system. Drivers are merely the means of the operating system to control a piece of hardware and are not connected to emulator cores working, either. it is my opinion if you don't know what you are talking about I believe people shouldn't help in the first place so theres no great loss there - i might not have said that if you didn't say "try to solve it without me"... if you bothered to read the thread you'll see he already solved it.

Leave it to the more experienced if you're just going to make such wild guesses.

Last edited: