What's new

Adaptoid + Controller Pak Help (Please)

Alastair

I'm having no troubles with my adaptoid and controller and rumble pak. But a controller pak I bought of eBay a while ago arrived today.
It's an official one. I plugged it in and in 'My Computer' it was recognized and I could see all the 'pages' of data that the old user had had on her/his (now mine) Memory pak. So I delete these...

123 Pages of free space.

But when I play Turok on PJ64 I can't use the save spots in-game. It says my Controller Pak is damaged. And I'm taking a guess and saying that it isn't at all - as I could read from and delete the stuff that was already on it!

I can't find an option in the adaptoid software or within PJ64 to rectify this. Is there a way to format the Controller Pak so I can save in-game?

Thank you very much in advance :bouncy:

EDIT: Oh..and Turok is supposed to freeze when you fall off a ledge (and die) isn't it...? hehe
- Thus the importance of saving -
I do not like relying on save states. Many a day has been lost with ruined save states. :(

Last edited:

squall_leonhart

The Great Gunblade Wielder
if i remember rightly, the original nintendo64 could access the controll pak manager by starting the console with the b button pressed...

OP
Alastair

Alastair

Haha it works now. Quite peculiar...
The only thing that has changed I can think of is restarting the computer... (It works, so I'm not complaining!)
And thanks, squall_leonhart :) Of all my years using N64s I never knew that haha. Either that or I knew and forgot, but thanks!