What's new

Speed

Niles

I am currently trying to play Super Smash Brothers Melee on the Dolphin emulator v1.03, however, it is running excessively slow.

Although I am aware this software is just to 'prove' it can be done, the word 'emulation' means to equal or excess, especially through imitation. So to reply here and say that it's slow because the software is meant to prove the point that it CAN run Gamecube roms...it doesn't. For, by replying with this message, you resign yourself to the fact that the Dolphin emulator is unable to play this rom to the equality that a Gamecube itself would.

Aaaaanyway. Is there any way to boost the fps somehow, or remedy this problem? The sound seems to not be working either, but I'm guessing those are linked problems. I'm on a 3ghz system, with 400gb hard drive, 512mb ram (not the best) and an ATI Radeon 9500.

Thanks for whatever help you provide.

Clements

Niles said:
Although I am aware this software is just to 'prove' it can be done, the word 'emulation' means to equal or excess, especially through imitation. So to reply here and say that it's slow because the software is meant to prove the point that it CAN run Gamecube roms...it doesn't. For, by replying with this message, you resign yourself to the fact that the Dolphin emulator is unable to play this rom to the equality that a Gamecube itself would.

Totally wrong definition context. Software emulators allow a program (in this case, a game) to run on a platform other than the one which it was originally written. Dolphin fulfills this definition.