What's new

Ok, someone please help

MoCheese89

Alright, please can someone help me. I have no idea how to setup the plugins. I install the program, try to run the program, it says it needs plugins, it then takes me to a window where it has three drop-down menus where the plugins should be. But there is nothing there. No plugins in the dropdown boxes. I've read the help time and time again and I can't find it anywhere.

Can someone please fill me in

Poobah

Project64 should have come with some plugins. Perhaps reinstalling it would help, because there should be at least one in each of the three boxes.

OP
M

MoCheese89

Poobah said:
Project64 should have come with some plugins. Perhaps reinstalling it would help, because there should be at least one in each of the three boxes.

Ok, I reinstalled, nothing, I triedremoving it, wouldn't let me. BUT, I finally found a way to fix it, got the plugins and everything, but now I got a new problem...

I'm trying to play NBA Hangtime and the game is working fine, until i actually start playing, then it slows the hell down, I tried the other plugin it gave me and it's slow even before I get to play, so now what do I do?

Poobah

Well, obviously the reason could assumably be practically anything with the limited information you have provided. Could you please provide some information about your computer? Are you currently running any viruses, trojans or spyware?

OP
M

MoCheese89

Poobah said:
Well, obviously the reason could assumably be practically anything with the limited information you have provided. Could you please provide some information about your computer? Are you currently running any viruses, trojans or spyware?

Why the hell would I be running any of those?

And I just did a check for all of those a couple of days ago, along with a defrag, as I read that you should do that somewhere. And I have a pretty high end computer for right now.

2.0Ghz processor speed
80 gigs of space
512 Ram(Even though that isn't that good, it's still way much more then a coputer needs for this program)

And, if it helps, I was just running Hybrid Heaven with no real problems, a couple 2 seconds slow downs but that's expected

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
512MB of RAM is just fine, for almost anything, except high-end PC games.

As for your problem, usually when nothing shows up in the plugin lists even thought the plugins are in the right folder, DirectX is borked somehow. The fact that you can play games boot and show graphics suggests that nothing is wrong. :/

Is there anything in Task Manager that might take an abnormally large chunk of the CPU's power to itself?

Anyway, you still haven't told us what graphics card you have.

OP
M

MoCheese89

Ok, I fixed the plugin problem. And I can play almost any game with no problem.

So far i've tested Hybrid Heaven, Mario Kart, Zelda, and some other games and they've all had a 2 second slow down here and there, and that's it.

And I also have Directx 9.0C, and my graphics card is "ATI Radeon 9600 SE", which supports OpenGL graphics

EDIT : Also, I tried the other graphics plugin that came with the installation, and that just makes it slow the whole game

Last edited:

squall_leonhart

The Great Gunblade Wielder
the ATI Radeon Series isn't that great at Opengl.

which has also just been found, why ATI cards are the worst for Workstation graphics.

you'd be best using the Jabo's Dx8 plugin

Agozer

If I had to choose between Direct3D and OpenGL, I'd always go for Direct3D. Unless were talking about Playstation emulation, in which case I'd make an exception.

OpenGL on ATI Radeon cards isn't that bad, but it isn't top of the line either.

squall_leonhart

:p those who create 3D graphics in WETA workshop and other similar companies agree with you there. :p

FireGL cards suck so bad....

to the original poster.

Pls Update your Video drivers to Catalyst 6.2/6.3 or 6.5 (skipping 6.4 completely)

edit
and why the hell does RiceVideo, say that SSE isn't supported on AMD processors... its supported on AthlonXP and higher. and Duron(morgan core) and higher

Last edited:
OP
M

MoCheese89

squall_leonhart said:
the ATI Radeon Series isn't that great at Opengl.

which has also just been found, why ATI cards are the worst for Workstation graphics.

you'd be best using the Jabo's Dx8 plugin

I'm just saying it can use OpenGL, I don't actually use it, I use DirectX. And that plugin, where do I find it?

OP
M

MoCheese89

dukenukem said:
Comes with pj64 1.6

Oh, it's named different on the program, either way, i've already said the ones that come with the installer don't work. So can someone tell me a plugin that will

squall_leonhart

the plugins SHOULD work, as they are made to work with PJ64.

if the plugins are'nt showing then its likely you need to update Dx, or have the emulator setup wrong.

OP
M

MoCheese89

squall_leonhart said:
the plugins SHOULD work, as they are made to work with PJ64.

if the plugins are'nt showing then its likely you need to update Dx, or have the emulator setup wrong.

Jabo's Dx8 plugin makes the game go slow, and the other one the emulator comes with makes the entire game slow, so can someone tell me a DIFFERENT plugin that will work. I already have tried them both, so I need a different one

Agozer

Trotterwatch said:
There isn't one to the best of my knowledge, I'd love to be corrected though.
I would have to agree with you.

Eh, Zophar's Domain might still have some pretty archaic graphics plugins, but I'd stay away from those.

OP
M

MoCheese89

So there's no known plugin that makes this game work? That really sucks? Is there any in the works that'll make this game work that anyone knows about?

squall_leonhart

Agozer said:
If I had to choose between Direct3D and OpenGL, I'd always go for Direct3D. Unless were talking about Playstation emulation, in which case I'd make an exception.

OpenGL on ATI Radeon cards isn't that bad, but it isn't top of the line either.

theres only one exception i will make here and thats using Rices video plugin.

it would seem the opengl method works better then the D3d method.