What's new

PC to Laptop

tye stik

Super Nintendo Wizard
Alright, so I'm buying this laptop (Aspire AS5672WLMi-XPH Notebook (1.66GHz Core Duo, 1GB DDR2, 100GB, DVD±RW DL, Windows XP, 15.4" TFT))... its one hell of a deal and I think I'll be happy with my purchase... my only problem is that I'm not exactly sure how i'm going to be able to transfer my 40GB+ of files to my new laptop.

My situation is this, I'll be moving out of my house and leaving my PC behind for my comrades... I need a (cheap and easy) way to get my stuff off my PC onto my laptop. I've read a bunch of articles about this but I was wanting to know if there was better ways to go about this.

Clements

You could use a crossover cable if both systems have a network card, and transfer all the files across in a few minutes. Cheaper than the cost of burned DVDs and also quicker.

bcrew1375

Why not use a network cable, or a crossover cable if you don't have a router? Install your OS and copy everything over the network.

Edit: Darn it, Clements :p

Niggy G

HTAFC will rise again!!!
You can yes, but for your sake it would cost more and be time consuming.

You need a clamping device that is faily expencive (more than your one crossover cable would cost)

One advantage is you get to cut the cables to the exact desired length.

It is cheaper if your networking a whole office or house (with quite a few access points...