What's new

uhh help plz? my emu wont play english

cowlove

well anyway i dont know whats wrong i was just recently shown emulators and my old favourite game of all time fav game ogre battle 64 every time i download the game the language is in japanaese ive tried finding several downloads i dont know if its the game or the project 64 but im starting to get really stressed over this so if anyone can tell me what to do to get it to play this game in english thanks

also i might as well ask i have another newb question, is there any special things i can plug in my computer for a n64 controller to work with it or something?

Last edited:

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
You are downloading the japanese version over and over again.

As for the toher question, you could try Glide64 with a wrapper.

zarakon

sounds like he's asking how to use the N64 game controller (the funny-looking thing with an analog stick and some buttons) on the PC, not anything about graphics.

use google and you'll probably find something. I know adapters exist. But you'd probably be better off just getting a generic PC controller like this
2209.jpg

Last edited:

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
Well, to quickly explain it in layman's terms, Glide64 only uses the Glide API for rendering graphics. All the cards nowadays only support OpenGL and DirectX rendering and they don't support Glide at all, so we have a problem.

Glide was only supported in 3Dfx's Voodoo line of graphics cards years ago but Glide didn't catch on, and eventually 3Dfx went under.

Modern cards need Glide wrappers so they can use software that is written only with Glide in mind. The wrapper emulates Glide's graphics calls and functions and translates them to DirectX graphics calls and functions.

Last edited: