What's new

Project is dead?

Status
Not open for further replies.

firetarster

I really like the idea of a GC emulator...
Do this project is dead?
Do you guys need more ppl to the team or something else?
More support to your work?
What we, enthusists of this grat EMU need to do to the project run a little more faster?
Mr. Diego Correa
Thanks!

P

phreeky

all you need to do is to support the dolphin team by waiting and downloading and testing all the things you can find

phreeky said:
testing all the things you can find

You are kidding right? hauhauahuahauhauhau, this gotta be a joke! as far as i know, speed is a thing that makes a good computer/software. Say that the core thing is the last problem to solve and less important than the compatibility is insanity. I mean the development team is really INSANE! how can you test a game if you dont even have speed to reach the menu of the game!? How can you check out a graphics bug inside a game if you cannot play it? You say: "Oh after doing the compatibility problem this would be minor problem." Ok, i agree but its even better (and smarter) if you improve the core speed because you would fix 2 problems at same time (the compatibility and the graphics instead fix one and then fix another). Btw, this beta .2 sux (they pissed on us, few people realized that this still the beta 1! they created this just to make confusion), beta 1.3.0 is much better to run games. And you will never make a emulator that support all GC games, because they are still making new games (think a little bit ;)). I bet that even Einsten couldnt understand Dolphin's team logic.

Last edited:

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
You clearly don't understand how emulator's work. They can't automagically makes it faster. You need a crapload of raw CPU power, which none of the current line of lime computers are capable of.

so why keep doing it while we dont even have technology for it?! this is a core problem, must take time to fix it. But it should be on the top of the prior list

BlueFalcon7

I got a question, Is there a Mac version of the dolphin, as in a power PC version of the dolphin?

Because if so, How fast does it go? I have seen Power PC emulators out there. You could test to see how optimized the code is, by running the power PC version of dolphin, on a power PC emulator.

synch

BlueFalcon7: they said quite a few times that they don't have PPC to test/code on, so it's more theorical than other. If someone donates them one, they could probably try (or not, it's their choice).

NotMyRealAccoun: It's their emulator, they can decide, and, seeing the choices they made, they aren't trying to make a warez kiddies tool, but a "let's see how much we can emulate". If you're unhappy with the speed, you can always wait a few years, or code a GC emulator and prove them wrong.

BlueFalcon7

I was kind of wrong anyways, the power PC emulator gets about 4 FPS with 3 GHz, so that is kinda useless, but it does show, that the dolphin's code is optimized decently.

Toasty

Sony battery
NotMyRealAccoun said:
so why keep doing it while we dont even have technology for it?!
There are some people out there that actually like to experiment, explore hobbies, and see what's possible.

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
NotMyRealAccoun said:
You are kidding right? hauhauahuahauhauhau, this gotta be a joke! as far as i know, speed is a thing that makes a good computer/software. Say that the core thing is the last problem to solve and less important than the compatibility is insanity. I mean the development team is really INSANE! how can you test a game if you dont even have speed to reach the menu of the game!? How can you check out a graphics bug inside a game if you cannot play it? You say: "Oh after doing the compatibility problem this would be minor problem." Ok, i agree but its even better (and smarter) if you improve the core speed because you would fix 2 problems at same time (the compatibility and the graphics instead fix one and then fix another). Btw, this beta .2 sux (they pissed on us, few people realized that this still the beta 1! they created this just to make confusion), beta 1.3.0 is much better to run games. And you will never make a emulator that support all GC games, because they are still making new games (think a little bit ;)). I bet that even Einsten couldnt understand Dolphin's team logic.
You are a moron. They don't optimize speed because.... it's HARD and they have already optimized it a fair bit. Perhaps it occoured to you that they CANNOT optimize it enough? That today's computers tare simply not good enough? It is a very complicated task, as you know, to emulate GC.
You are an asshole and do not respect the authors work if you say a version sucks. So go kill yourself or something, we don't want you here.
Perhaps their intent is not to make all GC games running? Maybe they are creating an emulator for fun! You are so lame... you can't even think before you reply.
And you insult the team over and over again. Get lost. We don't want you here :angry: :getlost:

BlueFalcon7 said:
I was kind of wrong anyways, the power PC emulator gets about 4 FPS with 3 GHz, so that is kinda useless, but it does show, that the dolphin's code is optimized decently.
Falcon, Dolphin isn't optimized for a PPC processor. I know fires stated that they could get much more speed out of Dolphin if they were developing it for a PPC. The end result is of course yet to be seen, but it might just yield performance improvement.

TerraPhantm

I know this is easier said then done, but making Dolphin SMP capable would improve speeds greatly (for those who have dualcore/dualprocessor anyways).

googy

what is the reason for not giving data available to betatesters (such as additional menu features) to other users? It seems not fair cause it was mentioned that some betatesters don't even have experience of writing any programs. Take for instance pcx2 or gcemu projects. They all do give more freedom and I never heard of any harm made by such politics.

Flash

Technomage
BlueFalcon7 said:
I was kind of wrong anyways, the power PC emulator gets about 4 FPS with 3 GHz
What are you talking about ? What PowerPC emulator ? I can run Gradius4 in MAME at 18-40 fps and it's PPC403, ADSP21062 and Voodoo1 emulated in software.
Don't forget BAM3K running at 100+ fps :D
Main bottleneck is video emulation, not CPU

Flash

Technomage
TerraPhantm said:
I know this is easier said then done, but making Dolphin SMP capable would improve speeds greatly (for those who have dualcore/dualprocessor anyways).
Don't get your hopes up. Now you have 5 fps, with SMP support you'll get 8 fps.

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
googy said:
what is the reason for not giving data available to betatesters (such as additional menu features) to other users? It seems not fair cause it was mentioned that some betatesters don't even have experience of writing any programs. Take for instance pcx2 or gcemu projects. They all do give more freedom and I never heard of any harm made by such politics.
Beta testera are people who are supposed to test the program and find bugs that are left in it and that's why they exist. As long as something is incomplete, few releases it to public, but instead to beta testers so they can find current bugs in their software so they may iron it out.

googy

Doomulation said:
As long as something is incomplete, few releases it to public, but instead to beta testers so they can find current bugs in their software so they may iron it out.

Well it doesn't make sence. It is stated here that making Dolphin will take years. So why not give users some additional abilities so they would be able to see more of what dolphin is really doing? It is not really interesting to run some games , see if they work or not , say "wow" and delete Dolphin and wait for a new version of emulator. It seems to be the only function of the free destributed version of Dolphin.

I am sure that the result of such politics is that most people who come here consider Dophin just as some program that they should wait for to be completed(if it will be). But they have no interest in watching the process of this work. Because it is mostly hidden from common users.

Status
Not open for further replies.