What's new

Problems using Jabo's D3D8 Plugin with 1964

Ishaan

Hey! I'm pretty new to N64 emulation and i'm not sure if anyone else has experienced this problem, but i'm hoping someone can help me out.

When I use Jabo's D3D8 plugin with 1964, the games I play (Ocarina of time/Super Mario 64) run perfectly fine...with the exception of a small annoyance. Shadows and glowing effects in the game don't seem to be displayed correctly.

For example, in Mario 64, when you move from one area to another, or maybe through a door (for example, when you first enter the castle), a circle outlined by a black screen closes in on Mario, and then opens up in the new area. Only, in my case, instead of a circle, it's two D shapes (ie, the two halves of the circle) both facing in the same direction...so it looks like DD. This also happens with the aiming mechanism on the cannons.

In Ocarina of time, I have the same problem with Link's Navi. The glow that appears around her is in the form of two D's instead of a circle. It's really quite strange. And while it hasn't interfered with gameplay, I'm curious to know what the problem is.

tailslol

dont use the pj64 plugs for 1964... there are a lots of issues try rice beta10 for video and for the other plugs just browse the forum for find the best plugs

Allnatural

No pics? Is this specifically a Jabo + 1964 problem? Sounds more like you have insufficient hardware.

OP
I

Ishaan

Actually, my machine is low end, but the Jabo plugins work absolutely fine on PJ64...no issues at all. They just don't work properly on 1964, and that really sucks, because 1964 gives me better speeds on most games.

tailslol

jabo is a plugin optimised for pj64... 1964 is a litle diferent (like zsnes and snes9x) that why with some hardware u can have a lots of isues like freezes some effect missing or with gliches

OP
I

Ishaan

All right, I'll assume it's an incompatibility issue...it doesn't affect gameplay much anyway. Thanks a lot you guys!

Oh, and I'll post some screencaps up here in a day or so just in case anyone wants to see what it looked like...I haven't had time for the past couple of days.

tailslol

yea if someone know these glitches and has find a fix setting it will be cool to have some screenshots