What's new

Perfect Dark Freezes

caston

caston
Hello,

I have a Twinhead Durabook 14k AMD Turion based laptop with S3 unichrome graphics. When I boot into XP Pro and play Perfect Dark in 1964 the game will freeze either at random points in game play or when navigating through the main menu or the menu that comes up during the game when you press START.

I've tried the various graphics plugins that I copied from a Project64 install.

I'm using the monster N64 and PS adapter from lik-sang. I haven't tried playing in Project64 as I haven't got the controller working in that yet.

Does anyone know how to resolve the freezing issue?
regards,

Chris

OP
C

caston

caston
I did actually manage to get my controller working with Project64 and found it still froze on that. I also tried a different ROM and I had the same issue. When it freezes on game menus actually freezes the whole PC and I have to switch it off. When it freezes during gameplay I can just stop the emulator and start the game again.

Please let me know if there are any solutions.

thanks,

Chris

tailslol

witch plugin you use? and for pj 64 try to see if your controler is working in windows and in jabo plugin menu choose your controler in the none box (sometime the pb is just here)
dont copy the pj64 plugs its not good for 1964... use the default one and rice beta10 for video
hope it will help
if all of this dont work try to find the best plugin for 1964 (try to find in this forum) or use pj64 with default plugs and rice beta10 if neded

Last edited:
OP
C

caston

caston
I've just been playing it on desktop machine with a Asus P4R800-VM with integrated Integrated Radeon 9100 IGP graphics. Works well on Jabo's Direct3d 6 1.5.2 but the Rice Daelaous 5.2.0 has severe graphical quirks. On this setup it did not freeze. Maybe it's something specific to the Durabook hardware or perhaps even the way I calibrated my directional axis because I think down took me slightly diaginal. I know that shouldn't cause it to freeze but the problem was most evident on menus and that's where it also froze the most.

I wasn't able to see properly with the spycam but managed to photograph the isotape after much blind fumbleing.

Now where the hell is Dr Carrington in the "Carrington villa" and how the hell did he get rich enough to afford a vila that size?

regards,

Chris

PS I also tried it on Project64 but it was way to slow. 1964 was just the right speed.

Last edited:

tailslol

sory to dont help you more... but sometime in laptops you got a lots of odd things and bugs generaly due of the odd hardware/drivers of laptops... sory