What's new

Plugins

BHayley

Hey. I recently had to reformat my drive because it was messed up. I reinstalled Project64 1.5 and 1.6 (on different occasions) and when I tried to run it I didnt have the plugins set. So I see all the plugins are empty and there are no choices. Do I need to install these plugins? Thanks

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
If there are plugins in the PJ64 Plugin directory, then you don't "install" any plugins. Howeve, there's something worng with your graphics card drivers or DirectX if the plugins don't show up in the lists.

OP
B

BHayley

Thanks for your replies. I bought a new graphics card about a year ago, and the Project64 emulator worked perfectly fine, no errors/delays or anything. I don't think that's the problem. I also think my DirectX is up-to-date as of right now. I'll check that. I go to Project64 and see the Plugins folder, but how does one upload those plugins to Project 1.6 (what I'm using)?
Thanks!

Agozer

BHayley said:
but how does one upload those plugins to Project 1.6 (what I'm using)?
You don't. As long as the plugin DLLs are in the Plugin folder (unless you've changed the default plugin directory), Project64 will detect them and show them in the plugin lists.

OP
B

BHayley

Ohhhh. I had moved the emulator to another folder away from the plugins. The plugins are now showing up. However, it says the plugins need to be initialized. How does on achieve that?
Thanks again,
I really appreciate it

Agozer

Need to be initialized or failed to initialize? Configure the graphics and controller plugins.

Agozer

Your video card drivers are seriously messed up because Direct3D can't be initialized. You won't get any plugin working until you've reinstalled the drivers.

Run dxdiag and see what it says about Direct3D.

OP
B

BHayley

Are you referring to the drives with my graphics card? I hope I still have that installation information (I dont even recall the card coming with installation info). yeah the dxdiag did locate some errors

Agozer

Yes, I'm referring to the graphics card drivers, since those are what handle Direct3D.