What's new

bars on doors do not appear :S

yegosimo

Bug Killer
ok here's the thing
i was about to play Ocarina of Time for the third time with the project64 1.6 and in the deku tree i realized that the bars on the doors doesnt appear...
so i dont really know if a door that i left behind was locked or not .. lol
here's a picture of a "locked" door.. the bars can be seen just on the bottom of the door:

puerta.jpg

i have an intel graphics controller 82845, 64mb video memory
this are the video options that i use to select:
video.jpg

any suggestions ???

OP
yegosimo

yegosimo

Bug Killer
im not sure
i got a package of drivers supplied by compaq n it was released on fall 2003

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
Yes, you are using plugin, otherwise you wouldn't be able to run Project64 at all.

Change the graphics plugin to Jabo's Direct3D6 plugin instead.

Last edited:

squall_leonhart

The Great Gunblade Wielder
no he needs to use the DX6 plugin as that intel graphic chip doesn't support pixel shaders

he doesn't need to update the drivers.

OP
yegosimo

yegosimo

Bug Killer
what is that video plugin ? (DX6)
i have already tried rice 6.1.1c and it looks terrible: link's tunic is transparent, the menu (start) is messed up...
will try to have a screenshot here

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
yegosimo said:
what is that video plugin ? (DX6)
i have already tried rice 6.1.1c and it looks terrible: link's tunic is transparent, the menu (start) is messed up...
will try to have a screenshot here
Raed my previous post again. Your video "card" can't handle Rice's video plugin.

OP
yegosimo

yegosimo

Bug Killer
i will try that out thkz
p.s: i have version 6.14.0010.4342 of the intel graphics driver downloaded from intel.com

I'm using 6.14.10.3762 it really really works a lot better for n64 emulation on my computer. . .and I had the exact same problem, you should check out the pig's face in diddy kong racing if you think the bars are bad. . .

OP
yegosimo

yegosimo

Bug Killer
it was probably that cuz i was playing master quest like 2 months ago and the bar problem started right before ganon's castle.. i think i updated the drivers sometime... i dont really remember but gonna try
i am almost done with the driver thing.. just gotta restart the PC but i can't because i'm downloading a 1.38 GB-thing (a video of a guy that beated OoT in 5 hours) with the explorer and if i restart the downloaded data will be gone (995 MB).. gotta wait till tomorrow

OP
yegosimo

yegosimo

Bug Killer
shark_midget said:
I used to have the same problem. . .I had to go back a version on my intel drivers. . .I think I went with this one http://support.dell.com/support/dow..._CEL_2350&os=WW1&osl=en&deviceid=2441&libid=6

dude... thkz for the link but i cant install those drivers
i get an error message saying "no valid information on INF file" and so i can't install it
also, i was looking for it at google and all the results go to resultfinder.intel.com or w/e and it links me to version .4342 (the one i have, the newest)
i just installed my compaq version (6.13.0010.3510) to see what happens
also, doesn't it have to do that the link you gave me was a DELL installer and my computer is Compaq ?
I appreciate any help

OP
yegosimo

yegosimo

Bug Killer
good news folks

20.jpg

i fixed my problem using a older version of the graphics controller
thkz

Hooray! All is right in the world and happiness abounds! Sorry about not knowing that you have a compaq, this Dell is a piggidy piece of shaithe. . . .

Last edited: