Gent

The Soul Reaving Gentleman
Administrator
:blush:

A 1001 Apologies.

/Me kind of somehow Deleted this original Thread again :blush:

Posted By : dr.dino

Zelda Ocarnia of Time, Please Help
I've gotten to a point in the game where its impossible to complete the given task on a keyboard. Specifically, in the Water Temple where you have to shoot an arrow at the eye icon and then use your Longshot to hit the target behind the gate. Normally, this would be really easy to do with a N64 joystick. But I don't have an Adaptoid at the moment.

Anyways, I noticed a cheat that allows you to walk through just about anything in the game. So I activated it, but it wouldn't work right away. I restarted it numerous times and it still didn't work. A couple days later it randomly decided to finally work. With the seemingly impossible task completed, now I want to turn the cheat off. But it won't. And there lies the problem. Because I'll get to a point in the game where I have to push a block or something, but I just go through it. Someone please help me.

OP
Gent

Gent

The Soul Reaving Gentleman
Administrator
Hi Dr Dino ??? Sorry for the Delete.

Erm, this is a Question or / Like it, that has been asked quiet a few times.

I am going to post a quote of an another question like yours & then a quote of the answer made by Eagle.

bositman said:
Um..i dont know if THIS is the problem that you guys have already fixed(as above) but when playing Zelda OoT (U)v1.0 all the cheats work but after disabling them, they are still there! I close and reopen PJ64,reload the rom and the save state and they are still there.The only way to get around this is to do a normal n64 save and load from there.System specs at signature

Eagle said:
Some cheats (but not all) are saved in memory after the cheat code is disabled. These codes are usually ones that give you in-game items, like in Zelda, If you give yourself the ocarina of time, disabling the cheat will not take it away. You can reload a save game or start a new one without the cheat enabled, however if you save the game, the ocarina cheat will be saved as well, and when you reload, the save game will still have the ocarina even if the cheat is disabled. This is normal because on a Gameshark Cartridge, none of the cheats can be disabled without restarting the game anyway. Emulators are lucky enough to have the ability to disable some cheats.

I hope that clears it up for you !

& Again :blush: Sorry for the Delete

& I would like to thank my Wifes Refresh Prob on the other comp for being able to copy paste this original Post :)
& to think you want it fixed :colgate:

Last edited:

Eagle

aka Alshain
To fix the problem, use NRage's input plugin and switch it to mouse look temporarily. This works a lot like a PC first person shooter.

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Sheeesh, you only need to make sure that the ... (what's the name of that again? grrrrrr), sensitivity of your control isn't too high and it'll go fine. This can be fixed by NRage's plugin. C'mon guys, help me, what was that name again?

Hiperzone

i have finished zelda without cheats, and i use only my keyboard. so keep trying, and ya water temple is very hard :\