What's new

Making a DVD with all N64 roms, emulators, plugins...

NaSeR

Spanish Member
Well, first of all: Sorry for my bad english :p

I´ve searched so I think there are no post with the same main topic as this so I´ve created a new one.
I want to organize my rom´s collection and I´m going to make a DVD with all them, but I have an idea: What will happens if I put all the emulators and plugins also with the rom´s?

So I want to create more or less this:

-DVD-------------------------------
->Emulators
-->1964
--->All plugins avalaible
-->Project 64
-->Mupen

->Tools
-->Glide Wrappers
-->GoodN64

->Help
-->Faq´s
-->Txt´s
-->Other

->Rom´s (Not all of them, only the rom´s I like the most, I´ve also tought to make all the necesary DVD´s with the same emulator, plugin, help and tools folders and files but with differen rom files to be able to burn DVD´s with all of them)
-----------------------------------

The only problem is to make the emulators run whitouth installation, I´ve noticed that there are avalaible to download the emulators in a .zip archive, I think this will work so I´ll make the DVD in the Hard Disk before burn it and change all the configuration, at this point my questions are:
After I´ll burn the DVD, will it work propertly in other computer? I mean, the configuration for this three emulators is saved in my window´s registry or in an .ini file?
What will happens if I change the configuration while I´m playing? Where is the .ini going to be created? In the DVD is impossible so I don´t know if the emulator will crash :plain:

Well, thanks in advance and sorry again for my english (I think you´re all laughting when reading this)

Last edited:

BlueFalcon7

NaSeR said:
The only problem is to make the emulators run whitouth installation, I´ve noticed that there are avalaible to download the emulators in a .zip archive, I think this will work so I´ll make the DVD in the Hard Disk before burn it and change all the configuration, at this point my questions are:
After I´ll burn the DVD, will it work propertly in other computer? I mean, the configuration for this three emulators is saved in my window´s registry or in an .ini file?
OK first of all this isnt what you would call legal, so dont sell it. But it might be possible to export the registry entries nececary for the emulators and have another one to clean the registry if you want to play on another computer. But its really not worth burning your roms, unless you have a slow or no connection to the internet, (I just back mine up on another hard drive.)

OP
NaSeR

NaSeR

Spanish Member
Thanks, I´m not the kind of person who takes bennefit of the work of others who spend his time only to make us enjoy whith his programs, for me It´s a personal challenge to get my own playable DVD (I can easily download it but I prefer to do it)
I´ve been "googling" and I´ve found one kind of applications that seems to be the same as I want, the "portable applications" wich can be moved into a usb stick and runs perfectly (They must be very useful for example in Cybercafes I think) and have the same form to work that you say:
It have two .reg´s, one is to add the registry entries and the other to remove them.
So first I´m going to investigate where are these entries but this´ll be after I finish my exams. If I can realize it I´ll feel very gald :bouncy:
Thank you very much for the help.

PD: I´m going to burn the roms because it´s time to format and partition my hard drive and I don´t want to loose them. Also I don´t want to burn a double layer DVD if after the format this is not going to run.
PD2: I´ve just have another idea: To make an ISO with only one rom and all the emulators and burn it in a CD-RW and check if it runs in another computer, in that case it´s done :bouncy:
PD3: For those who want to do the same, this is the main format for a reg.reg file (example):
Code:
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\1964\core\control]
"Minimum Version"="0.99"
"ProductId"=dword:00000003
And this´ll be the unreg.reg file (example):
Code:
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\1964]

Last edited: