What's new

I do not have a IP.BIN, just an 1ST_READ.BIN

unclet

1) Most of my games do not come up at all in Chankast and all I get is a spinning CD display. After mounting my NRG image, I noticed they do not include an IP.BIN file, so does this mean I can not convert my image into a self-bootable image using Ex0skelet0r's selfboot tool? What type of NRG image do I have if there is no IP.BIN file? I have a 1ST_READ.BIN file though.

2) One more thing, a couple of the NRG images (Crazy Taxi, Soul Cailbur, Sonic Adventures 2, etc..) can be loaded in Chankast and can be started although the game menus and game selection screens have no text or pictures. After randomly making selections (since I can not see the menu text) I can get a game started, but once started, the background images are all pretty much incomplete. I have seen other people's screenshots of Soul Calibur and their display looks nice an clear. Also, a friend of mine has the same NRG image as I do of Soul Calibur and he gets clear images as well, so my image must be fine.

My computer does not have a video card ..... I use the video from my motherboard .... could this be the cause of my display problems perhaps?

My friend uses a GeForce video card and gets nice displays.

3) I tried changing my "PlugIn" values. I currently have been using the default "XXX" values. When I chaneg the Video Plugin to use the "aspi", then Chankast crashes when I start a game. Should I be using the "aspi" Plugin somehow? If so, what do I need to do to make it stop crashing? Perhaps I need to download other PlugIns to use in Chankast somewhere which will help[ me out.

Last edited:

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
Chankast works extremely poorly with integrated graphics chips.

Windows XP doesn't support ASPI "out of the box", hence why it doesn't work. You might be able to get it owrking by installing an ASPI driver, but why bother when the xxx plugin uses IOCTL, and Windows XP supports it. It is rarely the CDRom plugin's fault that the games fail to boot and/or otherwise work, provided that he plugin is configured correctly

Last edited:
OP
U

unclet

I was originally experiencing an "ASPI Not Found" fatal error when starting the chankast application until I installed the correct Adaptec ASPI drivers, then Chankast could be started without an error popping up.

As for the plugins ...... do I need to configure the "xxxx" plugins somehow? I simply installed the Chankastalpha25 application so these plugin's had to come with the Chankast application.

As for my bad video display.......the poor display might be caused by me using integrated video ..... but would using integrated video cause my games not to start at all (ie: see the spinning CD disc or simply not start)?

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
The only thing you can configure in any of Chankast's CDRom plugins is the drive letter. Nothing more.

Yes, integrated graphics chips can prevent the game from starting, in the form of application faults and crashes. Or then the game boots, and shows nothing... or then it boots but all the graphics are messed up. What it won't cause though is the mounted disc appearing as an audio disc. That has nothing to do with graphics.

kashan_tariq

i have same problem too. the cd image, when mounted, in any drive, can be opened easily. but it doesnt load. i also dont have ip.bin in my image. rather 1st_read or something like that. and i am using xxx plugins, my mvc2 runs good because it HAS ip.bin, but my cvs2 cd image doesnt have ip.bin, i think that's why it isnt running. what should i do to make cvs2 run? i have also used utopia bd, but emulation resets.