What's new

2 Q's in noobish

Zense

A Blast From The Past
Hi! Just so you know this is my first post on emutalk, so this will most likely sound noobish . I've read all over in your forum ,looking for answers and didnt find any.
-First: I need to know if the gamecube emu's, for pc (like Dolphin) ,needs bios. I've found something called "Cobra",
but I'm not sure if thats the thing.(Note that I'm NOT asking where or how to find them).
- Second: I'm wondering how to start the improved Dolphin emu, Gcemu. I try to open it but nothing happens only a dos command thing that opens and disappears.

I hope I havnt broken any rules by questioning these questions.

Last edited:

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
IIRC, the Cobra BIOS is a modified GC BIOS meant to be used with the Cobra mod-chip.

GCEmu works via the command prompt, hence why it opens and instantly close when you try to run it by double-clicking (You didn't specify any arguments, so the program just closes).

n-phreak

Nintendo Phreak
Zense said:
-First: I need to know if the gamecube emu's, for pc (like Dolphin) ,needs bios. I've found something called "Cobra",
no

Zense said:
- Second: I'm wondering how to start the improved Dolphin emu, Gcemu. I try to open it but nothing happens only a dos command thing that opens and disappears.

I hope I havnt broken any rules by questioning these questions.

use the gc "GCEmu Manager"