What's new

input problem

discochimp

ok, i've been making my way through zelda oot. i got to the bit where you turn into the adult link. saved and came back a few days later and now the controls are messed up. it's almost like i have sticky keys. if i press the forward arrow for any longer than about 1 second the charachter will run forward for about 10 seconds allowing no way to change direction, draw sword or stop. prior to getting to that bit in the game it was fine.

my specs are:
athlon xp 2500+
1 GB ddr
Radion 9700

the problem seems to be with the application rather than game specific, i've tried it with sever other games and i'm having the same problem.

could this be a problem with the sampling, like when a key is pressed down the key press is sampled several times a second to check wether it is being pressed. could it be over sampling or undersampling?

i was origionally using ver 1.4, this problem occoured i upgraded to ver 1.6. the problem is still happening.

anyone got any ideas?

squall_leonhart

The Great Gunblade Wielder
make sure the PJ64 isn't running high priority. this happens on many emulators when the emulator is at 2 high a priority and the controls end up *sticking*

Danny

Programmer | Moderator
does your keyboard do that with anything else? like pc games or or other applications?