What's new

Help using playstation controller with chankast

Keerax

I have a psx -> usb adapter and I use it to play games with on my pc. With Chankast the XY axis is screwed up so that in game it always pushes slightly to the left. I've tried starting Chankast up and making sure that the joystick is completely centered and I've tried re-assigning the buttons in the control configuration.

What I'm asking is, is there any way to calibrate the joystick in Chankast? Or am I forever doomed to watch Guts in Sword of the Berserk move slowlly to the left?

Miretank

Lurking
I had/have the same issue, but wasn't too hard as yours... Firstly, be sure your Axis are configurated properly. When opening up the emulator, be sure to don't move the analogic. After that, if nothing works, try turn on and off the Analogue Mode on your controller.
I was having this issue on Grandia II, but after few minutes the controller was normal again.

Mouser X

What USB adapter are you using? I'm using a Trio Linker Pro (I think). I had the same issue, where the control was so bad that it made it agravating to play (useable, but very very difficult to keep the guy in 1 spot for extended periods of time). However, I don't think it was Chankast. I think Chankast was just too sensitive. What I mean is, I looked at my controller settings (meaning, the settings of the USB adapter), and the left analog stick points slightly to the left, constantly (the right analog isn't any better, actually). I tried for around 2 hours to center it using the drivers and options provided by the USB adapter (I even went and downloaded new drivers), but I never got it to where it needed to be. So, I finally went to use my Gamecube controller, and that was even worse. Far, far worse...

Luckly, I have more than 1 PSX controller (both of which won't center properly, apparently), and more than 1 GC controller. So, after switching around, testing and trying, I've discovered that my (newest. I had to open up my Megaman X collector's edition GC controller. It's NICE!) GC controller works great. So, based on that experience, I'd say that either Chankast is too sensitive (since the PSX controller has never given me a problem before), or that the drivers for your device might not read the controller properly, or that the controller you're using is too old, or that the controller is sending bad data to your USB device (like my GC controller was).

Did that help at all? Hopefully it at least made sense. Good luck getting it working. Mouser X over and out.

OP
K

Keerax

Well to keep people from thinking I'm stupid, I did do a search of the message boards in hopes of finding an answer to this question before I posted my request for help.

So naturally, after I posted the question, got bored, and searched again I found the recommendation to try Darkman's Input thinger (technical term, I assure you) for a different problem. I figured there was nothing to lose, so I downloaded it and after setting it up it did fix my problem. So if anyone else in the future has the same issue I did, here apparently is one fix to it.

Thanks for the help!