What's new

Digital Stick of N64 doesnt work with PJ64 ?

Selecta

Hey guys - i just bought the "Super Smart 2" Adapter from Lik Sang for N64 to USB and i already bought a very good N64 Original Controller from Ebay.

But:

If i set the Digital Stick Keys - It (The Stick in Games) just doesnt work - Ok in maybe 1 Game - But mostly it doesnt react or it cant be used for "fast walking / running" ...

I tried all Controller Plugins, tried all Deadzone a.s.o settings - but still it doesnt work ... also tried 1964 - Same with that, i also uninstalled both of them - doesnt work.

But in fact that it works at least with 1 game - i am sure the controller is working fine - so u got an idea, how to fix my problem ?

GreeTz Selecta

SDWILLIA

I'll try to explain how I did my controller because I was having the same problem as you.

I'm using Input controller Plugin N'Rage's Dirt-Input 8v21.80a

In Options>Controller configuration>check that plugged in checked and analog stick is around 80%.

Under tab "Devices" Device should be 4 axis 16 button joystick
Under tab "Modifiers"
New Modifier
Assign Mod for Up or North on joystick
Apply changes, do this for north, south, east and west.

Gamepad Y and X axis are 254%. This is what works for me.

I hope this helps.

marat569

i had a simmiler problem before,
all you have to do is change the controller plugin,
these are the instuctions--
go to options-settings
and a plugin menu will pop-up
now look at the last plugin,
and change the default one (jabo's direct imput7 1.40) to the one all the way to the bottem whitch shud be N-rages direct imput8 if u use pj64 6.0.
that should sum it up,
If that dont work, make sure ur joystick dident come with a CD,
becouse some joysticks come with a cd that u gatta install for the computer to recidnize it.

Hope that helped :)

EDIT-
this pic might help cheack if u got ur controller connected
after u get n-rages direct impute 8 plugin running, go here...
to acces these cmds,
go to options-controller settings
h11cg.png

this might help a lil more

OP
S

Selecta

I got the solution !

Totally easy ! From http://benschaefer.blogspot.com/

He wrote in Lik-Sang under Comments !

Just press the Analog Key BEFORE u Press "Set Key" - I will post that - maybe an Admin can set that as a sticky.

BTW: I think i mixed "analog" and "digital" - Analog is the thing that can turn in every single degree ? And digital is the cross on the left ? i think cause "digital" sounds so new - i thought this is the middle. :p
Or maybe Ben mixed the description - Im confused.

Last edited:

iwfak

Selecta??????????help!

i was wondering if there was anyway you can send me your saved profile so i can try loading it on my pj64 and try using my n64 controller...im trying to do this with my controller but anytime i press a button it puts in the incorrect thing, (ex: if i try to press start is says Gamepad Y-axis -) thanks

Mouser X

That could just be a crappy controller. That's what my 3rd party (MadCatz) Gamecube controller does. If I hook it up to my GC/PSX;2/DC usb connector, then the controls are completly erractic. Pushing up on the analog results in a Z button press. Pushing left results in "A," Pusing the "R" button results in the analog going down. Stuff like that. That controller is completely useless, when hooked up to my PC. To me, it sounds like you're having the same problem. Though, if you gave more details (like, what adapter, and what controller, and such) about your system, then things might be different. Sorry I couldn't help more. Mouser X out.