What's new

Stupid n00b question, I know.

sb iq

I was messing around with Hex Workshop and checking out the compare files feature under Tools -> Compare -> Compare files...

I was comparing my PS2 saves for DOA2 and saw red (no other colors) highlighted sectors where the data differs.

Then I took my .sav for the US version of Mega Man Zero 4, and I was comparing it to my .sav for the Japanese version of Rockman Zero 4.

I saw a bunch of different colors highlighting sectors. Some were highlighted red, green, and blue.

What do the different colors mean? Yes, I did check their Help documents and found nothing to answer my question.

Last edited:

LazerTag

Leap of Faith
I thought the color map was to simply make it easier to find things? Pretty sure you cna manually change it too.

OP
S

sb iq

Hmmm. When I was looking at my DOA2 saves, there was more than one section with different data, but it all came out red.

With the MMZ4/RMZ4 saves, there was more than one section with different data, but colored differently.

Cyberman

This is more a technical question. As for different colorsr it depends on how it is handling the comparisons. Programs such as Diff compare sections of textual data and make a + and - set. IE what was added and what was deleted. Anything that was the same is ignored. Perhaps the color scheme is similiar. I know I compared PS1 saves using a color scheme of < as read and > as green.

Cyb