What's new

can i use ps2 controllers??

marat569

I dont know what u mean by ps2 controller, But, i got a logitech duel action controller that is shaped like a ps2 controller -_-,
i am planning on buying a n64 shaped one.

Crimson Warrior

Just another gamer...
I have a USB version of the PS2 controller and I'm doing just fine with it. Pretty interesting setup for the buttons, though. xD. My X button is A, my... uhhh.... button left of that is my B button, my L1 is Z, my R1 is R, my L2 is L, start is start, my left joypad is move around, and my right joypad is c-buttons. that pretty much summarizes it... it's an odd setup, but it's the best I can get on a PS2 controller at the moment. :/

OP
C

cleartheway

it recognizes the adapter i think cause on the controller setup GAME DEVICE: DEADZONE OF 20% TIGERGAME PS/PS2 CONTROLLER but it wont let me configure it. the controller is not moving. only the mouse so when i click on the analog selection on L it puts rz+ automatically and when i click on the ohers a window pops up sayin sorry the input selection is already made. hope anyone gets whats im sayin, if do know whats the deal???? thanks

marat569

cleartheway said:
it recognizes the adapter i think cause on the controller setup GAME DEVICE: DEADZONE OF 20% TIGERGAME PS/PS2 CONTROLLER but it wont let me configure it. the controller is not moving. only the mouse so when i click on the analog selection on L it puts rz+ automatically and when i click on the ohers a window pops up sayin sorry the input selection is already made. hope anyone gets whats im sayin, if do know whats the deal???? thanks

i had a simmiler problem before,
all you have to do is change the controller plugin,
these are the instuctions--
go to options-settings
and a plugin menu will pop-up
now look at the last plugin,
and change the default one (jabo's direct imput7 1.40) to the one all the way to the bottem whitch shud be N-rages direct imput8 if u use pj64 6.0.
that should sum it up,
If that dont work, make sure ur joystick dident come with a CD,
becouse some joysticks come with a cd that u gatta install for the computer to recidnize it.

Hope that helped :)

EDIT-
this pic might help cheack if u got ur controller connected
after u get n-rages direct impute 8 plugin running, go here...
to acces these cmds,
go to options-controller settings
h11cg.png

this might help a lil more

Last edited:

Allnatural

marat569 said:
i had a simmiler problem before,
all you have to do is change the controller plugin,
these are the instuctions--
go to options-settings
and a plugin menu will pop-up
now look at the last plugin,
and change the default one (jabo's direct imput7 1.40) to the one all the way to the bottem whitch shud be N-rages direct imput8 if u use pj64 6.0.
That's good advice, insofar as N-Rage's plugin isn't as hyper-sensitive to twitchy pads as Jabo's plugin seems to be. Jabo's works just fine if you know how to configure it though. For one thing, you should be using the latest version (1.6), which would have solved your problem earlier.

cleartheway---go the gaming options applet in the Windows control panel and calibrate your controller. You'll probably notice that one or both of the analog sticks tends to fluctuate a bit, even after calibration. This is a quirk either of the pad or the adapter. In either case, turning up the deadzone setting in Jabo's plugin (~80% should work) before you configure should solve your problem. Just be sure to lower it after everything is configured (5-15% generally, depending on preference...and your controller)...

Or use N-Rage's plugin. :)

Last edited:

marat569

Actualy,
the latest version of pj64 is 7.0
but it is still beta version and you gatta pay.
the draw back with it is the anoying updates,
becouse when u play a game and like in the middle of ur game,
the emulater closes and goes like UPDATING.
Anoying isent it...

OP
C

cleartheway

allnatural and marats thanks cousins i got the jabo plugin working by doing what allnatural told me. didnt know you also had to hold the buttons down before you configure it. by the way what is this deadzone and the range % thing what numbers should i have it on?? also my screen seems to be doing the fuzzy thing sometimes when i play games, yall know how to stop this?? whats the best graphic setup also??or does the fuzzy thing happen cause of the graphic setup?? thanks a gain yall

marat569

umm,
google the name of your grafix card,
and u might come up with the official site for it,
and look around the site and download the driver.