What's new

Game controller

danster08

I am fairly new to the whole emulator scene. I was wondering, is it possible to use a USB controller to play the emulated games on my computer.:homestar:

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Any kind of gamepad or keyboard or the like will work. Any DirectX (or DirectInput) certified device will work. And you probably will not find a device that is not compatible.

AlphaWhelp

I don't know if you already have one or not, but I reccomend Saitek if you don't want to ruin an xbox controller or something. I have had a Saitek Rumbleforce P2500 for like, a few years now, and it's awesome. It doesn't have as many buttons as some other joypads I've tried out, but the quality is pretty damn nice. I seem to go through a lot of controllers, cause they just break. The only ones that have ever outlasted my abuse seem to be the XBOX controllers and this Saitek P2500.

compres

Thats so nice to know, I just ordered a P2500 from saitek. I have heard just praise for it thats why I bought it.

However i did buy an used one from ebay and it came DOA, this time I bough a new one from a store. :( That means I would already have both to play with a friend now.

I will let you guys know about this controller after it arrives, I will post something like a mini review and comparisons to the Logitech Wingman Rumblepad I also own.

nevinsb

Is there a USB Gamepad more similar to the N64 controller, with the Z trigger on the bottom? I have an adaptoid and n64 controller, but I have gone through 4 thumbsticks this year already!

I was also kinda looking at this Logitech Dual something or another that looked like a PS2 controler. Does this have buttons under the controller, or they just on the end, where the L/R buttons would be on the real n64?

Or is there a N64 controller that doesn't go through thumb sticks so quick?

elektrixxx

I use a GameCube controller. It works just fine, but you may experience slight weirdness with the C-Stick due to it not being buttons like before.

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
You can assign Y (left), X (right) and Z (up) for the c-stick too (like Wind Waker does) and use the C-stick for down. I did that to easily access items in Master Quest. Works like a charm pretty much... Although I have not tested playing the ocarina yet...

compres

I like the saitek one becouse it has 6 buttons in front just like the n64. I will use 4 of them as the c group and the other 2 as b and a. The shoulders I will map as z and r. The p2500 also has a shift button, so maybe i map the start and l buttons on shift since you dont use them as much. This is basically the same setup I have on the wingman.

Controllers with 4 buttons in fron are not good for my taste on n64 emulation.