What's new

Strange Problem With Dolphin..stiky..

UnboundedBreach

Well, my trouble is wierd, I have searched the forum to try to find out the answer to my problem, but here it is:

I cannot play games on my Dolphin Emulator, when I try to start a ISO, the emulator tells me this: Direct3D Device Creation Failed! Another window comes up saying Booting...but then the "This Program has encountered a problem and needs to close" window pops up a few seconds later! I can Debug, but I don't know how to fix it.

I found out at these forums they think its because of the video card. But! When I go to my graphics plugin properties, under SiS 661FX it says This Graphics Card Should Work Great! Whats going on here?

I know my Video Card is capable of rendering Direct3D as I also have Project 64 and Jabo's Direct3D Video Plugin on it, and it works exceptionally.

Unbounded

Last edited:
OP
UnboundedBreach

UnboundedBreach

Chaoscode, you sure were helpful.

I turned off the antialiasing things and the shading so it would use neither.

And still same problemo! :(

ChaosCode

does a SiS 661FX support directx 9? do you have 9.0c installed? did you get the crash fix that is sticked in this forum?

GCFreak

ChaosCode said:
does a SiS 661FX support directx 9?

Hahaha, far from it my friend. That GFX is worse than the first Intel Extreme chipset. SiS I think supports DirectX 5/4. In other words, shitty onboard GFX from the late 1900s.

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
GCFreak said:
Hahaha, far from it my friend. That GFX is worse than the first Intel Extreme chipset. SiS I think supports DirectX 5/4. In other words, shitty onboard GFX from the late 1900s.

Err, you have no idea what you're talking about.

Driver wise, SiS GPUs are solid, and not behind the times. The 661FX was released in 2002, when onboard GPUs were still in the DX7 stage. It's solid, but it's slow.

Now, all that aside, your GPU still isn't DX9 compliant, which is your problem.

Last edited:
OP
UnboundedBreach

UnboundedBreach

Hey! Then explain this!!!!!
Bhe.jpg

synch

1. Don't trust the "This card should work great", trust the minimun requirements and your card capabilities.
2. Don't ever use the REF device, on whatever application you use. It's a software renderer just for compatibility, and is SLOW.

As for dolphin not working on your pc, it's quite normal. Go get a real gfx card, and then you'll be able to test.

ChaosCode

UnboundedBreach said:
Hey! Then explain this!!!!!
Bhe.jpg
Ill explain it, F1res needs to remove it and that screen shows me your problem. NO SHADERS. that meens you will not get correct graphics. you need PS 2.0

OP
UnboundedBreach

UnboundedBreach

Pay for something?

I haven't payed for anything for my computer since I got Warez.

Any graphics card suggestions that won't cost me a fortune?

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
Getting a better card won't make the game any more playable, even though you might see perfect graphics. If you want to play GameCube games that badly, buy a real GameCube.

Falcon4ever

Plugin coder / Betatester
UnboundedBreach said:
I haven't payed for anything for my computer since I got Warez.

Any graphics card suggestions that won't cost me a fortune?
Gamecubes are very cheap lately (under 100 USD).

If dolphin doesn't works, well too bad for you.

*note emutalk is not the place to talk about warez...

and you should have read the FAQ, which also explains a better graphic card WON'T let you play any of the games full speed.

OP
UnboundedBreach

UnboundedBreach

Read my first post. I m not trying to get a new video card to get it to play faster. I want a new video card to get the emu to work period. My computer meets all the system requirements of Dolphin, and the only thing my PC dosent have that could be causing the problem is my video card. My PC plays Project 64 perfectly using Jabo's Direct3D GFX Plugin, that uses Direct3d, and it works, so why can't Dolphin create a Direct3d Device?

Last edited:
OP
UnboundedBreach

UnboundedBreach

I live in Canada and a Gamecube is 99.99$ I own a NGC the reasons I want an emulator for it is because I can't find the best NGC game ever. Phantasy Star Online Episode I & II. When I got an Xbox, I still played PSO, no other NGC games anymore. Addictive games are the best. Too bad I broke the PSO game CD when trying to rip its music using my CD rom drive. I wanted that music so badly...

arnalion

Nintendo Fan
Dolphins video plugin uses direct3D, it's built on directx 9. But ure video card doesn't support directx 9. Jabo's direct3D plugin uses directx 8

OP
UnboundedBreach

UnboundedBreach

So I can conclude that the only reason my PC cannot play Dolphin is because of my graphics card. So, I can fix this problem by getting a new video card, right? If i get a Video Card that supports DirectX 9, and looking at my system specs, there is probably a pretty good chance its going to work once I have a Directx 9 compatible video card.

ChaosCode

UnboundedBreach said:
So I can conclude that the only reason my PC cannot play Dolphin is because of my graphics card. So, I can fix this problem by getting a new video card, right? If i get a Video Card that supports DirectX 9, and looking at my system specs, there is probably a pretty good chance its going to work once I have a Directx 9 compatible video card.

I think this question has pretty much already been answered. If you expect to "play" gamecube games then you need to buy a gamecube. If your talking about running games then yes a directx 9 card would do it.